UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA, Ford to bounce back against Maine

Layton would have redshirted anyway. Herb Glass is solid at 50+.

Ford is referring to the return game, which I did not make clear. The kicking game has been pretty good so far. The return game hasn't done anything great and has hurt us in some instances (Gannon's fumbled punt against GSU).

Three facets to the game: Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Win two out of three and you win the game.

Now if that's not a Fordism I don't know what is.

If I could only remember the percentages relating to turnovers this post would be complete.biggrin.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67% wins at +1 turnover, 80-something at +2, 91% at +3

From the other thread, was it Yale or Colgate that starts a 4-game series? We were to open with Colgate in 2011, but the Cincy game overrode it. We had been scheduled for Yale next year, but now it sounded like Columbia?

67% wins at +1 turnover, 80-something at +2, 91% at +3

From the other thread, was it Yale or Colgate that starts a 4-game series? We were to open with Colgate in 2011, but the Cincy game overrode it. We had been scheduled for Yale next year, but now it sounded like Columbia?

Darn I hope the Yale game isn't cancelled. The Yale Bowl would have been fun. I wouldn't be surprised to see Columbia. Two former players/coaches on staff at Columbia (Greg Sigler and Matt Hahm).

I think Yale was a one and done contract so maybe the Colgate series was a 4 game series?

[quote name='danefan' date='17 September 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1253226783'

I think Yale was a one and done contract so maybe the Colgate series was a 4 game series?

It was the Colgate series that was mentioned as a 4 game series. They are listed in the Colgate program from opening day for 2011 and 2012. The date was changed from what is in the Colgate program, but the series is said to be still on.

Also mentioned the Cincinnati game was the opening week of 2011 and might moved to Thursday night from saturday.

[quote name='danefan' date='17 September 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1253226783'

It was the Colgate series that was mentioned as a 4 game series. They are listed in the Colgate program from opening day for 2011 and 2012. The date was changed from what is in the Colgate program, but the series is said to be still on.

Also mentioned the Cincinnati game was the opening week of 2011 and might moved to Thursday night from saturday.

That means it might be a TV game. Maybe even an ESPNU game. That would be awesome.

The CSN Way

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/17/the-csn-way-the-completely-awesome-assoc?blog=5

No. 20 Maine at Albany. It’s tempting to write off Albany after their 44-7 drubbing at the hands of UMass last week. But head coach Bob Ford won’t let his 0-2 Great Danes get down as they face a shaky 2-0 Maine team that still needs to hit its stride. A multi-faceted running game consisting of quarterback Andrew Smith and running backs David McCarty and Justin Gannon (293 yards, 4 touchdowns) are generating the yards, Albany is a tough team that can take opponents off guard if they can play their game.

Can Maine force them out of it? It’s hard to say. In many ways, Maine’s two-quarterback, multi-facted run game is an awful lot like Albany’s, with quarterback Mike Brusko (103 yards, 2 touchdowns) and running back Derek Session (238 yards, 2 touchdowns). But it’s the fact that Jared Turcotte is still missing - the “you’ve got to stop him” back that is hurting the Black Bear offense - that will cause Albany to come out on top.

Three Danes The Charm 26, Missing Bear Necessities 16

Just a head's up for tailgaters - a big shot executive at Key Bank is having a tailgate for his friends and employees in the RACC parking lot tomorrow so we've been told they reserved a lot of spots, including the west side by the grass (the best place to tailgate). So the good spots may go more quickly than usual.

"Hey Everyone…

Key Bank has invited all of us to a Tailgate Party before the UAlbany vs. Maine football game on Saturday, September 19th. This is a tailgate to beat all tailgates! We need YOU (and your family and friends) to show up to lend your support. It will begin at noon on Saturday in the SEFCU lot.

Jeff Stone, President of KeyBank, is hosting this tailgate…he insists he needs to show ALBANY how they do tailgating in South Bend before Notre Dame games. He relocated to Albany after cheering for the Irish and wants to bring the true tailgating experience to the Capital Region. He’s hoping this tailgating experience brings out all Capital Region residents and will spill over into a LARGE home crowd for the game.

Come one, come all…grab the kids, grandma & grandpa and the neighbors…let’s eat, drink and win!

TAILGATE WILL GO FROM 12:00PM - 4:00PM KICKOFF!!!!"

Go Great Danes!

From the UA Athletics group on Facebook

"Hey Everyone…

Key Bank has invited all of us to a Tailgate Party before the UAlbany vs. Maine football game on Saturday, September 19th. This is a tailgate to beat all tailgates! We need YOU (and your family and friends) to show up to lend your support. It will begin at noon on Saturday in the SEFCU lot.

Jeff Stone, President of KeyBank, is hosting this tailgate…he insists he needs to show ALBANY how they do tailgating in South Bend before Notre Dame games. He relocated to Albany after cheering for the Irish and wants to bring the true tailgating experience to the Capital Region. He’s hoping this tailgating experience brings out all Capital Region residents and will spill over into a LARGE home crowd for the game.

Come one, come all…grab the kids, grandma & grandpa and the neighbors…let’s eat, drink and win!

TAILGATE WILL GO FROM 12:00PM - 4:00PM KICKOFF!!!!"

Go Great Danes!

From the UA Athletics group on Facebook

Now thats what I'm talking about!

A big time Executive at one of the biggest corporations in the Capital Region is turning into a Danes football fan. Can you say "Key Bank Stadium". I sure can.biggrin.gif

10 minutes with Jeff Stone:

http://albany.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2009/03/30/smallb2.html?page=1

Is it true you’ve been known for different things in the different markets you’ve worked in?

I was known in my Vermont days for running marathons.

In South Bend I was known for grilling at Notre Dame tailgating parties. We had a team of people who would go from the bank and I was out there manning the grill.

I just love to grill. I’ve been grilling for as long as I can remember—ribs, wings and everything that goes with that.

I’ll be out there in the parking lot for Great Danes games this fall. So if you ever want to check out my wings and ribs ...

Any particular teams?

You can’t grow up in Malone and not be a Giants fan and Yankees fan. You can’t grow up in upstate New York and not be a Syracuse basketball fan.

I lived in South Bend, and you can’t live in South Bend and not be a Notre Dame fan.

Now we’re in Albany, so we have to be Siena and UAlbany fans.

Any word on when we can go check his tailgate out at Siena football games?

Archived