UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game Notes:

http://www.ualbanysp...ents1/70303.pdf

Sacred Heart has somehow completely regressed from the strides I thought they made last year. They have a QB that can chuck it, but that appears to be it.

They are 0-2 and coming off a bye week. They've got loses to Marist (yes Marist) and Holy Cross.

They throw the ball. Fink (QB) is 60-97 this year for 509 yards in two games. But he's only thrown for 2TD and 3INTs.

Their season stat-line:

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=timesunion&page=cfoot2/conf/nec/tmstat.aspx?id=728

They haven't let up a sack in two games but they have only had 174 yards rushing in two games.

Teams have gotten on them early, scoring 28 points in the 1st Q against them. They haven't scored a point in 1Q yet.

Scores:

vs. Marist - L 31-12

@ Holy Cross - L 52-31

Two big playmakers - Fink and his go-to WR - Tedisco (who has 17 catches for 170 yards and 1 TD this year).

Take away either one of those and they have absolutely no chance to score.

On defense they've been pretty horrendous. Giving up an average of 170 rushing yrds and 245 passing yrds per game. McCarty should have a huge game this week.

All-in-all this should be over by the end of the first half. BUT this is a classic trap game. The Danes are coming off a huge 4th Q comeback against Maine and this is a game that could easily catch them off guard - at least in the first half.

Like Coach Ford says - its sometimes harder to get a team grounded after a big win then it is to get them up after a bad loss. We'll see how well he does it this week.

Upsets happen all the time in sports. We'd better not take ANYONE lightly.

If we play a team we should beat without a problem, then our goal is to beat them in GRAND fashion.

We need to tell everyone listening, that we have outgrown the NEC. The CAA and others are noticing. We'd better see the importance in EVERY game we play.

This is an opportunity for our football proram to make their mark.

Imagine if we go undefeated a 3rd season in a row? What's THAT going to say to the FCS world!

This was just a reminder, if anyone needs motivation for playing the conference schedule.

UofA--- you are totally right.

That said, dont think we are not on the CAA radar. I have PERSONALLY spoken to people in the CAA (whether at member schools...or in the front office) and all have said a likely expansion would include UA with TWO CAVEATS: STADIUM IMPROVEMENT AND FULL RIDES.

They ALL believe UA is a huge sleeping giant.

A few short years ago Delaware fans were lukewarm on the idea; now they are actually advocating it.

Thanks for the insight 96.

With McElroy at the helm, I don't believe the full schollies would be a problem for a second. We just got to get going with the facility.

And how about this other stuff you guys are talking about....

how interesting is it?

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. laugh.gif

No, but seriously - unrelated issue. Sorry to bring it up in here.

Thanks.

All I got was:

- Greatest half of football we've had in quite a while.

- Played in front of bigger crowds, but cannot remember a more enthusiatic and supportive crowd we'ev ever had at home.

- Rodger - imagine what it would be like in a better stadium and a different conference - Fordie agreed - a convo for another time. glare.gif

Glad to hear roger stirring the pot with conference and facility talk.

I wish he took calls. I was going to call in and ask Roger to dig around for something. Maybe McGuire will do a column on it if we ask him to. A column of the sort that was in the Gazette last year would be great.

Archived