UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Freshmen

Is anyone else as impressed with the freshmen as I am? It's still very very earlier in their careers but I'm hard pressed to think of another class more promising then this bunch (Logan included). And now we hear this about Watts....from the latest TU blog entry.

"UAlbany freshman forward/guard Ralph Watts of Peekskill was a prime candidate to be redshirted, but his play in practice of late is giving Brown second thoughts.

“I’ll tell you what, Ralph Watts in the past 10 days has been our best freshman every day in practice,” Brown said. “And it’s killing me not playing him because I don’t know what I’m going to do with him. If he’s not going to play 15, 16 minutes a game, I don’t want to burn his year (of eligibility) because I really think he’s going to be a good player."

Without Barazza, Urli and MJ for the last two games a lot of these kids are getting great experience which will pay dividends down the road.

Maybe Brown could go with MJ, Ambrose, Harris, Watts and Lindors for a more explosive offensive unit. It would be nice to see Watts get some minutes he's a promising young talent. If he's not going to get any minutes Brown should have him redshirt, CB is going to have to make up his mind one way or the other. I was impressed the freshman last night hopefully a sign of good things to come for UA.

“I’ll tell you what, Ralph Watts in the past 10 days has been our best freshman every day in practice,” Brown said. “And it’s killing me not playing him because I don’t know what I’m going to do with him. If he’s not going to play 15, 16 minutes a game, I don’t want to burn his year (of eligibility) because I really think he’s going to be a good player."[/i]

I'm glad to see I Rock and my optimism about Watts was for good reason. With three games in three days next weekend we're going to need all the depth we have.

Archived