UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Penn

this game was a concern for me. I was hoping UA wouldnt fold after the loss the other night. In talking with Bosiy I mentioned that the team (and fans) should really look at this W like the team did what they were supposed to do. They beat the snot out of a crappy team on the road. Its a great building block moving forward. I noticed the UA team got better and better as the game went on. I think that was a direct result of some regained confidence. If Im Brown Im still a little concerned about the defense. Penn was missing their best player (from an Ofer team) and had a couple of nice feeds for dunks that probably shouldnt have been allowed. I didnt notice a whole lot different about the O but perhaps he hasnt implemented those changes yet. I couldnt believe the Penn players thought it a good offense scheme to run down into the paint with the ball and into 3 UA defenders and just throw it up against the glass and hope for the best. Penn was AWFUL but I think it was exactly what UA needed after the other night. All in all a good start to a rough road trip.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressed with the play of Mike Johnson early in the game. Knocking down key shots and having 7 assists in the game to 1 TO. This was the game I've been looking for from Johnson. 15 points, 7 assists, he needs to be a scoring threat on the floor to take heat off of Amborse and Harris and that will open up more from the Big 2. UA shot the lights out 51% in the first half and 57% in the 2nd half and 57% from 3 in the 2nd half as well. UA needed this win on the road and they got it. Now they must continue to play this good against better competition and keep it rolling.

Archived