UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Binghamton

You are on the mark with much of the above.

Not sure why I feel the need to defend him, I just think he gets way too much of the blame. Has he improved and turned into a 1st team AE player and POY candidate - not even close. I guess my never ending defense of him comes from my love of offense. Without Tim, most games I would have nothing to get excited about. Now Black and Aronhalt, nice signs of potential. But at this point let's face it, if they were the go to guy and the other team put their top defender and double teamed them, they would be in serious trouble. I admit I put much of the blame for Tim's lack of improvement on the staff, ie offensive sets are not good most games, players they have put around him have not really helped. For two years no serious inside threat. No serious outside threat. And no one that can break down a defender.

Forget potential for a moment. Is there a player on this team that would start today for Maine? UVM? or BU? SB? That is troublesome because my answer is maybe Tim. No one else.

You can only really look at the upperclassmen for this question. Here is the list:

Ambrose, Tim

Barraza, Louis

Urli, Fran

Gifford, Brett

Harris, Will

Johnson, Mike

McRae, Scotty

If you look at the list and remove Tim, Will and Urli (since this is his first year in D1), I think the rest were really meant to be role players or stop gaps while the younger players develop (by younger players I mean the guys no longer here in Raffa, Turley and Martin). Because of the departures of those players they have been forced into larger roles and they can't hold up to it. So as much as it is a fair question to ask it is not a fair question for this situation. I may just be making excuses but those three leaving this program really set the program back. There is a large gap between the young and the old on this team. If you want to say those three leaving was poor recruiting, that is fair as well and I kind of agree with that. We need to see what happens with this crop of kids over the next couple years. Coach needs to keep this group together and I feel whether he is successful at keeping these kids here and improving will dictate whether he stays or goes at the end of this contract.

Agreed, keeping they young guys in this program this year is very important. I certainly don't blame the coaching staff for each and every departure. Some had to go. Some chose to go. But they have to take some of the blame for all of the depatures. With each departure it becomes more of a trend than and occurance. Note that Gavin Glanton is gone already. These things happen w/ every program. Just tough when it is impact players and in large numbers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black...kid is averaging 9.1ppg 2.3ast with an A/T ratio of 1.2/1 in AE play....he's one of the better incoming PG into the league. I know that Maine and UNH don't have a PG.

Love Mike Black's game. I left UNH off because I haven't seen them yet in person or TV. I do know they have a kid averaging 5.9 assists a game and w/ an A/To ratio of 3.1:1.

Agreed, keeping they young guys in this program this year is very important. I certainly don't blame the coaching staff for each and every departure. Some had to go. Some chose to go. But they have to take some of the blame for all of the depatures. With each departure it becomes more of a trend than and occurance. Note that Gavin Glanton is gone already. These things happen w/ every program. Just tough when it is impact players and in large numbers.

Couldn't agree more. Keeping this group of 7 freshman (4 playing, 3 redshirt) together is extremely important to avoid this becoming a trend.

Archived