UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Binghamton

Aronhalt is STILL not 100%? How long does this guy need to recover? He's been playing all season.

As for Black, I absolutely agree. He is going to end up being our second best player ever (behind Jamar). I also agree about the core. It may take a year or two but once this core gels 100%, we'll be a okay.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aronhalt is STILL not 100%? How long does this guy need to recover? He's been playing all season.

As for Black, I absolutely agree. He is going to end up being our second best player ever (behind Jamar). I also agree about the core. It may take a year or two but once this core gels 100%, we'll be a okay.

From what I've heard....Logan is not close to 100%....he sat for over a year....it will take him probably until the start of next season to regain his quickness and explosiveness....he underwent two surgeries on his leg/foot so not only is it a psychological adjustment...it's also a physical one. At the start of the season Logan was playing only a couple of minutes a game....5-10 minutes. Only recently is he getting a lot of burn...he'll continue to make strides. I like what I've seen out of him...

Going back to D's point...I also like Black a lot....IMO he's ahead of Martin in his development....at some point I'll go run the number and see what they look like. I don't know about all of the second best behind Jamar talk...I do know that I've been screaming for a couple of years now to get a PG and stop trying to convert a wing or 2-guard into a PG....it appears we finally have a floor general to build around.

What did you guys think of Brown's post game interview? I'm not trying to start an anti-Brown campaign, but just wanted to hear opinions.

To me, it seemed like he really can't explain what's going on. He kind of pinned the loss on toughness and rebounds, but that seems off to me (though I only listened to the game, didn't watch it). The rebounds looked(sounded) OK except for the few 3-point kick-out conversions and we seem to be playing tougher ball.

I understand Harris was injured. But looking the minutes of who played during the past 2 to 6 games it seems like we still can't figure out the best combo on the floor. Macrae, Allen, Metcalf, Tartt and Johnson, to a lesser extent, either get solid time or sit.

I attended the game last night, and came away encouraged as well as disappointed. The freshmen continue to impress, as Mike Black looked like a stud, Logan had a great night, and Blake continues to do an impressive job down low. If we can keep these kids in the program, we are gonna be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years. Last night also reinforced my thoughts that on any given night we can hang with anybody, and i really think we are going to be a tough out come March. With that being said, it was once again Harris and Ambrose killing us down the stretch. I don't know what to do with those 2 anymore, but between the 2 of them (specifically Harris) I think they are causing more bad than good more times than not. I wish they had a + - in college basketball...I'd love to see what the breakdown is for those 2

I wish they had a + - in college basketball...I'd love to see what the breakdown is for those 2

That is funny you say that, cause I used to (loosely) keep track of Barazza & Johnson's +/- to the annoyance of my buddy. Despite the 1 time he dropped double digits last, Barazza NEVER made it in the black. Johnson was not much better either.... That would be a great stat to see for everyone on this team. Who would have the best ratio this year?

I attended the game last night, and came away encouraged as well as disappointed. The freshmen continue to impress, as Mike Black looked like a stud, Logan had a great night, and Blake continues to do an impressive job down low. If we can keep these kids in the program, we are gonna be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years. Last night also reinforced my thoughts that on any given night we can hang with anybody, and i really think we are going to be a tough out come March. With that being said, it was once again Harris and Ambrose killing us down the stretch. I don't know what to do with those 2 anymore, but between the 2 of them (specifically Harris) I think they are causing more bad than good more times than not. I wish they had a + - in college basketball...I'd love to see what the breakdown is for those 2

I would guess that no one on this team has a + in this category. I would also guess that Tim A. has the closest to 0. If a guy is the team leader in points, RB's, steals, and 2nd in assist, I'll guess that he overcomes his 1st in TO's when he's on the floor.

It's great that he gets blamed (not as much as Harris) even on a night when he ties for the team lead in scoring and rebounding and had 1 TO. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't the one committing the weak fouls that allowed what 3 conventional 3 point plays in the last 10 minutes.

I would guess that no one on this team has a + in this category. I would also guess that Tim A. has the closest to 0. If a guy is the team leader in points, RB's, steals, and 2nd in assist, I'll guess that he overcomes his 1st in TO's when he's on the floor.

It's great that he gets blamed (not as much as Harris) even on a night when he ties for the team lead in scoring and rebounding and had 1 TO. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't the one committing the weak fouls that allowed what 3 conventional 3 point plays in the last 10 minutes.

Your defense of Timmy is admirable and I respect it very much. Some people, including myself, are probably too hard on him but it's only because we expected so much from him at the start of the season. We expected him to stop making boneheaded decisions with the ball, we expected him to be more consistent on the offensive end, we expected him to stop randomly slapping at players and picking up stupid fouls, we expected him to learn from the 50 times he's been pulled from the game for stupid passes or fouls over the past 2+ years and most of all we expected him to be one of the best players in the league. That hasn't happened and he has not progressed. If you want to blame that on the coaches, that is fair but from what I understand they have put a lot of effort into helping him improve. Maybe the expectations were too high, I don't know....but as I've stated so many times before, I want Tim to be the best player in the league in the worst way because I think he can be but for some reason it just hasn't panned out. He has the rest of this season and next to prove us all wrong and take over as the leader and captain of this team and make a huge impact on the program and the future of these younger players.

By the way, he did have a crucial turnover with about 3 minutes left that Bing scorers called a missed shot when it was just a wild pass.

Your defense of Timmy is admirable and I respect it very much. Some people, including myself, are probably too hard on him but it's only because we expected so much from him at the start of the season. We expected him to stop making boneheaded decisions with the ball, we expected him to be more consistent on the offensive end, we expected him to stop randomly slapping at players and picking up stupid fouls, we expected him to learn from the 50 times he's been pulled from the game for stupid passes or fouls over the past 2+ years and most of all we expected him to be one of the best players in the league. That hasn't happened and he has not progressed. If you want to blame that on the coaches, that is fair but from what I understand they have put a lot of effort into helping him improve. Maybe the expectations were too high, I don't know....but as I've stated so many times before, I want Tim to be the best player in the league in the worst way because I think he can be but for some reason it just hasn't panned out. He has the rest of this season and next to prove us all wrong and take over as the leader and captain of this team and make a huge impact on the program and the future of these younger players.

By the way, he did have a crucial turnover with about 3 minutes left that Bing scorers called a missed shot when it was just a wild pass.

You are on the mark with much of the above.

Not sure why I feel the need to defend him, I just think he gets way too much of the blame. Has he improved and turned into a 1st team AE player and POY candidate - not even close. I guess my never ending defense of him comes from my love of offense. Without Tim, most games I would have nothing to get excited about. Now Black and Aronhalt, nice signs of potential. But at this point let's face it, if they were the go to guy and the other team put their top defender and double teamed them, they would be in serious trouble. I admit I put much of the blame for Tim's lack of improvement on the staff, ie offensive sets are not good most games, players they have put around him have not really helped. For two years no serious inside threat. No serious outside threat. And no one that can break down a defender.

Forget potential for a moment. Is there a player on this team that would start today for Maine? UVM? or BU? SB? That is troublesome because my answer is maybe Tim. No one else.

Black...kid is averaging 9.1ppg 2.3ast with an A/T ratio of 1.2/1 in AE play....he's one of the better incoming PG into the league. I know that Maine and UNH don't have a PG.

Maine may not have a true PG but I still don't think he is starting on that team. Who sits?

You are on the mark with much of the above.

Not sure why I feel the need to defend him, I just think he gets way too much of the blame. Has he improved and turned into a 1st team AE player and POY candidate - not even close. I guess my never ending defense of him comes from my love of offense. Without Tim, most games I would have nothing to get excited about. Now Black and Aronhalt, nice signs of potential. But at this point let's face it, if they were the go to guy and the other team put their top defender and double teamed them, they would be in serious trouble. I admit I put much of the blame for Tim's lack of improvement on the staff, ie offensive sets are not good most games, players they have put around him have not really helped. For two years no serious inside threat. No serious outside threat. And no one that can break down a defender.

Forget potential for a moment. Is there a player on this team that would start today for Maine? UVM? or BU? SB? That is troublesome because my answer is maybe Tim. No one else.

You can only really look at the upperclassmen for this question. Here is the list:

Ambrose, Tim

Barraza, Louis

Urli, Fran

Gifford, Brett

Harris, Will

Johnson, Mike

McRae, Scotty

If you look at the list and remove Tim, Will and Urli (since this is his first year in D1), I think the rest were really meant to be role players or stop gaps while the younger players develop (by younger players I mean the guys no longer here in Raffa, Turley and Martin). Because of the departures of those players they have been forced into larger roles and they can't hold up to it. So as much as it is a fair question to ask it is not a fair question for this situation. I may just be making excuses but those three leaving this program really set the program back. There is a large gap between the young and the old on this team. If you want to say those three leaving was poor recruiting, that is fair as well and I kind of agree with that. We need to see what happens with this crop of kids over the next couple years. Coach needs to keep this group together and I feel whether he is successful at keeping these kids here and improving will dictate whether he stays or goes at the end of this contract.

Archived