UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Binghamton

With the exception of one half at UVM...the team has actually played OK in the last 2 or 3...it's almost like they don't know how to win a game with so many loses on the season.

Anyone else feel like that?

Felt the same way.

Seems like Ambrose is now our back-up PG.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exception of one half at UVM...the team has actually played OK in the last 2 or 3...it's almost like they don't know how to win a game with so many loses on the season.

I feel that way. The only game I haven't seen is the UVM game. The others were winnable games against good competition and we just couldn't pull them out.

I feel that way. The only game I haven't seen is the UVM game. The others were winnable games against good competition and we just couldn't pull them out.

They played an atrocious second half....they played well in the first half.

This team just can't finish. Turnovers towards the end of the game. Just like, I think it was, the Maine game those turnovers killed us.

I thought it was SB...regardless...it's a common theme. Bing went on that spurt because of two or three to's again at the end of the game. Two or three times we got nothing in the last 2 minutes or so...our inexperience of Black and Logan and those types of kids is showing. Although it was the junior and senior that turned it over...Ambrose and Harris.

Last couple of minutes Ambrose throws and interception, then Harris dribbles into two guys, gets stripped and gives up a layup. Uggh.

Prior to this sequence was the Bingo possession where we needed a stop...instead we gave up a 3 point play. Prior to that on D McRae knows where to be but not how to get the charge.

This team does none of the small things well (and much of the big things)

I think our eyes are trained as well to just accept that dribble penetration by just about anyone blows right by any UA on-ball defender.

just dissapointed and not seeing better times even next year

Here is my take; this isnt a lost season other than the fact record and results-wise...we stink. I think the players and the coaches, especially Coach Brown, are frustrated and hurt by the losing. However, they are in games...and playing tough in some spots. I think Will Harris has mailed it in. I think Tim better get used to his role...a role some on this board thinks he is better at, and I am starting to agree (6th man...ala latrell spreewell).

I think we are seeing the emergence of a fantastic player in Mike Black...and I cant wait to see what a 90% Logan Aronholt is like, let alone a 100% Aronholt. Both are poised to have fine careers. I think Lindfors will emerge as he gets to work more with Fillien, and I think as long as someone can work on Blake's free-throws...he is going to be solid. I think Billy Allen needs to work on his threes...and when he does, he reminds me of a Levi Levine glue guy. I think Derek Tartt...with more experience...can be a solid guard that could provide some instant offense.

I think this is a very young and raw good core that is getting trial by fire right now. This reminds me a lot of Jamar's soph year (red-shirt junior). If Watts gets that DI body...he is a scoring machine (and hopefully smart enough to pick up the offense). No clue what Puk brings to the table...but the kid looks bigger than when I first saw him.

Someone said it yesterday-- the departure of Turley and Martin were huge losses...and really had nothing to do with program issues (one went home because of family...the other one simply couldnt follow the rules). They really set us back because both would be starting right now...and Turley's absence is the biggest in my opinion because in some ways Black is a bit further along than Josh Martin, but not that far.

Archived