UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

US News College Rankings

Michigan_Dane

Ok. So someone is going to have to bring this up. Why not me?

I've been following this for a while and it appears we are making progress. Granted I wish we were beating Bingo. Also, granted that these rankings don't take into account our R&D power (#1 in SUNY)

1. * Ranked Tier 1
    * 143 in National Universities
    * 72 in Public Universities

Weren't we tier 3 just last year? I hope to break the top 100 but there are thousands of colleges. We also stayed off the party list, which is great. Adding the Nano Tech engineering students will continue to improve our results.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public

I think we were Tier 3 last year, but there are so many rankings I can't remember if it was the same one.

The real goal has got to be to get AAU research membership that both UB and SBU enjoy.

Anyone know what the chances of this happening are?

I think we were Tier 3 last year, but there are so many rankings I can't remember if it was the same one.

The real goal has got to be to get AAU research membership that both UB and SBU enjoy.

I believe AAU membership is by invite only. Look at UA's R&D $$$$ figures, IMO it's only a matter of time.

Ok. So someone is going to have to bring this up. Why not me?

I've been following this for a while and it appears we are making progress. Granted I wish we were beating Bingo. Also, granted that these rankings don't take into account our R&D power (#1 in SUNY)

1. * Ranked Tier 1
    * 143 in National Universities
    * 72 in Public Universities

Weren't we tier 3 just last year? I hope to break the top 100 but there are thousands of colleges. We also stayed off the party list, which is great. Adding the Nano Tech engineering students will continue to improve our results.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public

Progress, but still below our peers. These rankings are all bull$iena anyway

AAU status is difficult without a professional school..law, medical, etc.

Great to see the rankings continue to climb.

US News tweaked the rankings and did away with Tier 3 and 4, no doubt because of unhappiness with some administrators. So, they essentially expanded Tier 1, created Tier 2, and put the former lower tier schools there.

I was thinking that the perceived rise in the rankings was a result of many of the board members being further removed from matriculation each day.

It would be nice if we added a Med or Law school.

I dont care much about the rankings but looking at the endowment there is a big difference....

Bing is at $62,563,430, Buff is at a HUGH $410,463,564, SB is N/A but Albany is only at $24,764,327.... we're poor.... =(

I dont care much about the rankings but looking at the endowment there is a big difference....

Bing is at $62,563,430, Buff is at a HUGH $410,463,564, SB is N/A but Albany is only at $24,764,327.... we're poor.... =(

I believe SBU is larger than UB too.

Our endowment issue really is a product of once being the Teacher's College. Not a lot of super wealth teachers around NYS.

Un

Our endowment issue really is a product of once being the Teacher's College. Not a lot of super wealth teachers around NYS.

Last I read from SBU's site they are at $95 Mil. They were over $100 Mil in recent years. UB for years had 3 seperate endowments with combined amounts as high as $785 Mil in 2007, but they were consolidated into the University at Buffalo Foundation in 2009.

Endowment Tables 2005-2009

Un

Last I read from SBU's site they are at $95 Mil. They were over $100 Mil in recent years. UB for years had 3 seperate endowments with combined amounts as high as $785 Mil in 2007, but they were consolidated into the University at Buffalo Foundation in 2009.

Maybe I'm confusing research $$$. Amazing that UB is sooooo much higher than everyone else, but I guess that probably stems from the fact that it was once a private school right?

Maybe I'm confusing research $$$. Amazing that UB is sooooo much higher than everyone else, but I guess that probably stems from the fact that it was once a private school right?

Pretty much, though the growth in the mid-'00's was wild, as it was for most other schools. The furthest back I can recall was UB's largest endowment was around $180 Mil. in the late 90's, so I guess the combined total was <$300 Mil. That more than doubled in under a decade with good gifting and investment but fell as every other schools' numbers have.

Archived