UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Volleyball opens with two wins

UMBC lost today, but loathsome Bing won. So, if Bing wins twice next weekend, then Great Danes will need to win twice to win regular season and have tourney here. If Bing wins twice, but we lose one, then each will have 3 losses, with 1 against each other . . .and does someone know how such a tie is decided in terms of where the tourney would be? Please don't say it's a coin toss!

I don't know the tie breakers and I can't find them on the website, but I do know there are other things that will break that potential tie before your would get to a coin flip

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW . . . last NCAA rankings I saw had UA at 58th . . . out of 330 teams D-1 teams. Wow. Maybe some of those profs who want D-3 sports (yes, some have put that idea out there) should wander over for a game . . . on second thought, nah, they'd just complain about all the expenses involved in uniforms and equipment.

BTW . . . last NCAA rankings I saw had UA at 58th . . . out of 330 teams D-1 teams. Wow. Maybe some of those profs who want D-3 sports (yes, some have put that idea out there) should wander over for a game . . . on second thought, nah, they'd just complain about all the expenses involved in uniforms and equipment.

UA simply MUST win both games this weekend -- if loathsome BU wins both and we lose one, then the tiebreaker for hosting the tournament would go to Bing, because they needed only 3 games to beat us, but we needed 5 to beat them . . . Go Great Danes VB!!

Archived