UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Okay so can someone with knowledge about the Alumni for the UA Football team explain something to me. Why has there not been an effort by the former players to contribute funds for a football stadium? Figure 40 plus years of football means at least 40 players per year average. That is at least 1600-2000 living alumni can't contribute a $1,000 each to build a $20,000,000 dollar stadium? Do they not remember the condition of the stadium? Maybe I am naive but have the football alums ever been able to organize to present a large donation to the team?

Okay so can someone with knowledge about the Alumni for the UA Football team explain something to me. Why has there not been an effort by the former players to contribute funds for a football stadium? Figure 40 plus years of football means at least 40 players per year average. That is at least 1600-2000 living alumni can't contribute a $1,000 each to build a $20,000,000 dollar stadium? Do they not remember the condition of the stadium? Maybe I am naive but have the football alums ever been able to organize to present a large donation to the team?

You math is wrong. Players are here for 4 years. 40 players per class would be a roster of 160 players a season.

My class came in with 30-35 something guys and maybe half of that made it the entire 4 years...as to the reason why of donations, I'm not sure..being a recent alum still going through grad school I don't have a pot to piss in. I do think that if it was a full out public stadium fundraiser people would be more willing to give rather than some behind the scenes action.

Some of us have given back. Are you a football alum who hasn't been contacted? We chave close to 150,000 alums. If they each gave 1000 we have another 150 mill in the endowmwment. Obviously everyone isn't giving. I'm comfortable knowing I 'm doing what I can to help. I hope all our alums give back whatever they feel they can. Knowing a little bit about how we're doing on the development at UA, I don't think it's for lack of asking.

I do think that if it was a full out public stadium fundraiser people would be more willing to give rather than some behind the scenes action.

This.

And I'll add - behind the scenes action by an administration that has not to date placed any emphasis on football.

Some of us have given back. Are you a football alum who hasn't been contacted? We chave close to 150,000 alums. If they each gave 1000 we have another 150 mill in the endowmwment. Obviously everyone isn't giving. I'm comfortable knowing I 'm doing what I can to help. I hope all our alums give back whatever they feel they can. Knowing a little bit about how we're doing on the development at UA, I don't think it's for lack of asking.

I am not a football alum but I would be willing to give anyway. Did you mean 150,000 UA alums (not football or sports related)? Does anyone know why there has not been a more public push for a football stadium in the capital district?

Archived