UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1) William & Mary Mon, Aug 15

2) Eastern Washington Sat, Aug 13*

3) Georgia Southern Fri, Aug 12

4) Northern Iowa Thur, Aug 11

5) Appalachian St Wed, Aug 10

6) Delaware Tue, Aug 9

7) James Madison Mon, Aug 8

8) Montana St Sat, Aug 6*

9) Wofford Fri, Aug 5

10) Sacramento St Thur, Aug 4

11) Jacksonville St Wed, Aug 3

12) Montana Tue, Aug 2

13) Central Arkansas Mon, Aug 1

14) New Hampshire Sat July 30*

15) Stony Brook Fri, July 29

16) Lehigh Fri, July 29

17) Southern Illinois Fri, July 29

18) South Carolina St Thur, July 28

19) Chattanooga Thur, July 28

20) North Dakota St Thur, July 28

21) Murray St Wed, July 27

22) Sam Houston St Wed, July 27

23) Massachusetts Wed, July 27

24) Southern Utah Tue, July 26

25) Jackson St Tue, July 26

26) Albany Tue, July 26

27) Colgate Mon, July 25

28) UT Martin Mon, July 25

29) Harvard Mon, July 25

30) Indiana St Sat, July 23*

31) Liberty Sat, July 23*

32) Florida A&M Sat, July 23*

33) Jacksonville Fri, July 22

34) Grambling Fri, July 22

35) McNeese St Fri, July 22

36) Richmond Thur, July 21

37) Youngstown St Thur, July 21

38) UC Davis Wed, July 20

39) SF Austin Wed, July 20

40) Bethune-Cookman Wed, July 20

The dates correspond to when his analysis will be released online.

Must be the first time in D-I that we're the highest-rated team on our own schedule. Steele, at least, must think we have a chance to go undefeated in the regular season, if we get past Colgate in a close opener.

A little surprised Stony Brook is ranked 15. Their FBS games against UTEP and BUffalo will boost their ratings in a way we can't yet.

Must be the first time in D-I that we're the highest-rated team on our own schedule. Steele, at least, must think we have a chance to go undefeated in the regular season, if we get past Colgate in a close opener.

A little surprised Stony Brook is ranked 15. Their FBS games against UTEP and BUffalo will boost their ratings in a way we can't yet.

Definitely the easiest schedule we've had at the DI level.

SBU does have three 1000 yards rushers coming back and they got some really solid JUCO transfers. I expect them to win the Big South this year.

And I'd love to see them knock off Buffalo, which isn't outside the realm of possibility, even if a long shot.

Are you optimistic that we position ourselves to raise our scholarship level to the minimum required? What is it again, 56 or 58?

And what are we at this season, 40?

SBU does have three 1000 yards rushers coming back and they got some really solid JUCO transfers. I expect them to win the Big South this year.

And I'd love to see them knock off Buffalo, which isn't outside the realm of possibility, even if a long shot.

I would love to see that too. It would be an upset for sure, but just about every year lately there is at least 1 bigger upset than that in a d1aa knocking off d1a.

I would love to see that too. It would be an upset for sure, but just about every year lately there is at least 1 bigger upset than that in a d1aa knocking off d1a.

It will be the one and only time I root for SBU in anything.

26) Albany Tue, July 26

The dates correspond to when his analysis will be released online.

He has the best previews out there. I already have his 1a magazine and he is releasing a separate preview magazine in August for 1aa. Last year I bought it the magazine with the Albany preview and the rest of the 1aa teams in New Jersey because I didn't see it in the stores in Albany.

It will be the one and only time I root for SBU in anything.

Same here unless they happen to play lcc or a lowly maac team in something, but point taken.

Are you optimistic that we position ourselves to raise our scholarship level to the minimum required? What is it again, 56 or 58?

The minimum is a two-year rolling average of 56.7 (90% of 63).

Per the NEC 2010-11 Policy Manual "Maximum Financial Aid Standards.

All NEC football playing institutions are permitted to award a maximum financial aid amount of 32

full athletic grants-in-aid on an equivalency basis. Beginning in 2009-10, grants-in-aid may be

increased by no more than two per year, capping at 40. There would continue to be no scholarship

minimum. " so I think that means we're at 38 this year.

BTW does 'on an equivalency basis' mean we might be giving over 70 partials? or is it 38 counters?

The minimum is a two-year rolling average of 56.7 (90% of 63).

Per the NEC 2010-11 Policy Manual "Maximum Financial Aid Standards.

All NEC football playing institutions are permitted to award a maximum financial aid amount of 32

full athletic grants-in-aid on an equivalency basis. Beginning in 2009-10, grants-in-aid may be

increased by no more than two per year, capping at 40. There would continue to be no scholarship

minimum. " so I think that means we're at 38 this year.

BTW does 'on an equivalency basis' mean we might be giving over 70 partials? or is it 38 counters?

I think it probably means 38 counters, but I think we could also be splitting those 38 rides among 70 guys.

I thought 'counters' was the number of bodies receiving aid, while 'equivalencies' was total aid $ given divided by the theoretical 'cost' to a student.

Meanwhile College Sporting News picks Albany second in the conference.

I think you're right. I get confused between being a "counter" for FBS games and "counters" for scholarship purposes.

I think equivalencies is what we normally think of as "full scholarships". So we can give 38 equivalencies out but those can be split between as many players as we want (up to the FCS limit of 85). Right?

Archived