UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sports Network Preseason Top 25

The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Preseason Top-25 College Football Poll

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank

1. Eastern Washington Eagles (90) 13-2 3,377 1

2. Appalachian State Mountaineers (14) 10-3 3,142 4

3. William & Mary Tribe (20) 8-4 3,110 10

4. Georgia Southern Eagles (11) 10-5 3,095 5

5. Delaware Blue Hens (2) 12-3 2,806 20

6. Montana State Bobcats 9-3 2,623 11

7. Northern Iowa Panthers 7-5 2,452 19

8. Wofford Terriers 10-3 2,357 6

9. Jacksonville State Gamecocks 9-3 2,028 12

10. New Hampshire Wildcats (1) 8-5 2,025 7

11. North Dakota State Bison 9-5 1,720 9

12. Montana Grizzlies 7-4 1,668 20

13. Lehigh Mountain Hawks 10-3 1,351 14

14. Villanova Wildcats (2) 9-5 1,262 3

15. James Madison Dukes 6-5 1,247 NR

16. Richmond Spiders 6-5 987 NR

17. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 9-3 969 8

18. Central Arkansas Bears 7-4 961 NR

19. Southern Illinois Salukis 5-6 934 NR

20. McNeese State Cowboys 6-5 701 NR

21. Chattanooga Mocs 6-5 672 NR

22. Liberty Flames 8-3 630 21

23. South Carolina State Bulldogs 9-3 628 16

24. Sacramento State Hornets 6-5 587 NR

25. Massachusetts Minutemen 6-5 519 NR

Others receiving votes: Penn 456, Bethune-Cookman 425, Southeast Missouri State 341, Murray State 315, Western Illinois 247, Southern Utah 240, Jacksonville 215, Cal Poly 168, Stony Brook 163, Grambling State 146, Eastern Kentucky 139, Jackson State 76, Florida A&M 76, Colgate 75, Sam Houston State 75, Harvard 54, Indiana State 51, UC Davis 48, South Dakota State 40, Youngstown State 28, Central Connecticut State 26, Coastal Carolina 25, Dayton 21, Northwestern State 20, Northern Arizona 18, Elon 16, Yale 15, Weber State 13, Illinois State 12, Tennessee Tech 12, Rhode Island 11, Maine 10, Albany 10, Texas Southern 10, Northern Colorado 10, Furman 10, Brown 8, South Dakota 7, Old Dominion 5, Columbia 5, Missouri State 2, Robert Morris 2, Hampton 1, Duquesne 1, UT Martin 1.

Stony Brook - 163

I have the feeling they will end up dominating that league year after year.

Does Stony Brook success, in football and other sports, help or hurt UAlbany?

Does it call attention to NY SUNY Centers? Or does it pull athletes and students away from UAlbany

in the SUNY competition for NY students?

SBU is riding the wave of three 1000 yard rushers.

They are relying in large part on transfers from JUCO and elsewhere and that will give rise to some very large ups and downs.

But as long as Liberty is in the Big South SBU will be playing perennial second-fiddle.

Personally, I cringe when Stony Brook has success.

Whether it hurts or helps probably depends on each particular circumstance.

You've got a point, Liberty will never be a pushover, regardless of how much brook improves

over time. That stadium certainly helps their athletic department. I hope we do our deal the right way,

as it can pay off big dividends.

SBU is riding the wave of three 1000 yard rushers.

They are relying in large part on transfers from JUCO and elsewhere and that will give rise to some very large ups and downs.

But as long as Liberty is in the Big South SBU will be playing perennial second-fiddle.

This.

In my opinion SBU is not doing all that great in football(I do not have a clue if they even field other athletic teams). They are underperforming in my opinion with some of the best facilities at this level. With 63 rides, JUCO transfers as well as FBS transfers. They are getting money games with named opposition. They have tied for the title once and have not been to the playoffs at all. I know Chuck Priore and he is a good coach but he has to be getting close to the "hot seat' soon.

The real question is did Albany screw the pooch by not following SBU to the Big South? I know Charleston Southern and Liberty are no more well known than Wagner or Robert Morris but we would be playing money games by now as well as a new facility. The move would have sped everything up.

BTW wasnt SBU supposed to be running out of money???

In my opinion SBU is not doing all that great in football(I do not have a clue if they even field other athletic teams). They are underperforming in my opinion with some of the best facilities at this level. With 63 rides, JUCO transfers as well as FBS transfers. They are getting money games with named opposition. They have tied for the title once and have not been to the playoffs at all. I know Chuck Priore and he is a good coach but he has to be getting close to the "hot seat' soon.

The real question is did Albany screw the pooch by not following SBU to the Big South? I know Charleston Southern and Liberty are no more well known than Wagner or Robert Morris but we would be playing money games by now as well as a new facility. The move would have sped everything up.

They've gotten a lot of private money in. $4.5m from one guy for the strength and condition facility.

And they've gotten some serious money in from their FBS games.

From my outside perspective, with acknowledging several of you know more about their program, sbu has seemed to be taken

steps in the right direction. How are $4.5 donations and big money games not going to push their program to new heights?

They jumped into that league competitive, and seem to be hovering around the top of the league. It may be the ripple effect(spoils of progress), but the ripples just haven't reached their shore yet. Playing fbs teams, big money donations like the one from baseball, nice modern stadium, ncaa tournament hosting.... it can only be a positive for their football program.

I want to see what happens when we finally have the first phase of a stadium completed. Let's hope we jump to full schollies quickly, however we need to do it.

Archived