UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is 2011 The Last season in the NEC?

There is something really wrong with the northeast when the Big East Conference has to go to San Diego State as a possible next member. Why can't New York and New England sponsor D1 FBS football? Why is it the State University of New York's most advanced football team plays in the MAC? 18,000 SUNY Center Albany plays scholarship restricted football in a cost contained division? The Big East will be Boise State, Houston and San Diego State!

No other region of the country has 0 FBS conferences. Even Hawaii competes and their an island.

There is something really wrong with the northeast when the Big East Conference has to go to San Diego State as a possible next member. Why can't New York and New England sponsor D1 FBS football? Why is it the State University of New York's most advanced football team plays in the MAC? 18,000 SUNY Center Albany plays scholarship restricted football in a cost contained division? The Big East will be Boise State, Houston and San Diego State!

No other region of the country has 0 FBS conferences. Even Hawaii competes and their an island.

lol, can you imagine that headline if the Big East approached a SUNY for membership? We have no business going after a conference membership like that, not now, no way. We are in the doldrums of D1 (AEast and NEC)...we should be focused on CAA level conferences right now. Build a modest stadium and compete like we have and we should easily be able to make that jump. Big East...NFW

I agree.

My only point is that the most densly populated region in the country is without a FBS conference. San Diego State isn't a top tier California State University. The Big East would prefer a third tier California state university over a first tier NY State University. That speaks volumes!

I agree.

My only point is that the most densly populated region in the country is without a FBS conference. San Diego State isn't a top tier California State University. The Big East would prefer a third tier California state university over a first tier NY State University. That speaks volumes!

I understand. I wonder if it's a culture thing. It seems that no administrator at any SUNY school really wants a big time college sports presence, or has the vision to create one. One of the largest populations and the largest university systems in the US (and SUNY schools are still very popular). There's gotta be a market for big time college sports at a SUNY school.

We must go full scholly even if that means going to the Big South. I want us playing the occasional FBS counter. Playing an Army adds excitement, fans, name recognition. It makes us more of a credible college team.

My goal would still be for both Albany and Stony Brook to be invited to the CAA or MAC. I would be fine with a full scholly America East football too. I'm just done with St Francis, Sacred Heart, etc. I want us to be playing "brand name" schools. When I say Albany is playing Wagner, people look at me like I have two heads. What's an Albany?... is that in Georgia? Where's Wagner? I don't think that happens when, like SBU, they play Army and South Florida.

Archived