UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Of course also ecstatic that Ford is coming back but I had already banked on that fact.

54 of 63 is 86% of full scholarship FCS. It's more than I expected in '13. We should easily add the last 9 in '14.

Wonder what that means for a possible FBS game in '14?

I could think of a million, but funding the program in the $3-5m per year range has got to be one of them. When we moved to DI the school was very wow to properly fund the football program. We were essentially a DIII team for the first 5 years playing DI teams.

I woud want to know that McElroy was really committed to not being an NEC team playing in the CAA.

Coaches salaries

Facilities

Scholarships

Scheduling

Promotion

I could think of a million, but funding the program in the $3-5m per year range has got to be one of them. When we moved to DI the school was very wow to properly fund the football program. We were essentially a DIII team for the first 5 years playing DI teams.

I woud want to know that McElroy was really committed to not being an NEC team playing in the CAA.

Coaches salaries

Facilities

Scholarships

Scheduling

Promotion

You're usually in the know to some degree... where do you think we'll be going into next year in terms of program funding?

Coaches salaries

Facilities

Scholarships

Scheduling

Promotion

You're usually in the know to some degree... where do you think we'll be going into next year in terms of program funding?

Honestly.....no clue.

If we get to 63 rides within two yeas the University will have put their money where their mouth is.

The next big test comes when one of the two big things happens: (1) Ford retires and thy have to hire a new coach....do they pay or hire someone on the cheap? and (2) when we need to expand the stadium....does the school push harder and smarter than they did for the last 10 years to make it happen?

Until then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'll do the same. I underestimated things until I heard the stadium was a go and that we were joining the CAA....

maybe it's something we should assume they are taking care of..... afterall, we have stepped up to the plate, I'm

sure we've stepped up to the plate well prepared.

I know everyone has FBS games on the brain but believe it or not there are more important things to consider. UA didnt make this jump to go get pounded by FBS compettition. They will not be ready for FBS competition for a few years. Yes, they will get the money/recognition games in 2015 and beyond.

They need to focus on properly transitioning to CAA play and they need to be competitive otherwise recruiting will suffer. The last thing we can afford to do after taking the better part of 12 years to do this is become a doormat such as Rhode Island.

Year 1 will be tough but with 3 OOC games, Rhode Island, Stony Brook, and a middle of the road Maine team they need to think about a winning season. We will get beat by the superior teams and their is no room for an A$$ kicking by Rutgers, Syracuse, or South Florida so we can keep up with SBU. We are still behind SBU by 2-3 years.

If those superior teams are willing to pay us around 400-500k I will take the ass kicking. This program needs exposure and money and as much as the CAA is huge step up for us, it will never get the exposure that a UA vs. FBS game will generate. If we always compare ourselves to SBU we are doomed. Sure SBU is where we want to be at this time but they are behind UNH, Delaware and Villanova- That is where we should set our sites. Money is the only way we get there and we are already behind the eight ball.

jpg_91,

I appreciate your point of view. The FBS/superior teams that will pay us $400-500K are teams like LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State (BIG TIME SCHOOLS) etc.. none of which will schedule UA....ever! Last year Towson played LSU and in 2007 App State played and beat Michigan(cost Lloyd Carr his job) but these programs will never schedule UA or SBU. There is zero benefit to these games for LSU etc. in fact due to the fact Towson/LSU was close for a half got Les Miles more heat than he wished for. Besides programs such as James Madison ( VA Tech once), Delaware (Navy, Temple), and Montana (Iowa & Iowa State) are way in front of UA or SBU for those games. Florida State & Oaklahoma State(took big heat for scheduling this game) beat Savanah State 74-0 and 84-0 on a semi national stage...is that what you are wishing for? Delaware State lost to Michigan 73-0 I believe. WE ARE NOT READY FOR THAT. It will set the program back 5 years.

The teams that will schedule us are teams such as Army, Syracuse, Rutgers, Buffalo,Cincinnatti Old Dominion, Georgia State and some Big East teams. Not one of these programs will pay $500K. They would pay $225-250K which would be a good score for the football budget but will only provide exposure regionally. With that being said SBU I believe is playing Boston College which is a huge score but they have FBS aspirations. Chuck Priore is leaving if they dont get to the FBS level....Take it to the bank!

On the contrary SBU is a good model to follow as they have FBS aspirations. Realize that SBU has been at 63 scholarships for about two years so we are still behind them. They are looking to expand their stadium to 25,000. Next season we will have 45 Scholship Frosh and probably 9 JUCO transfers on schollies so we will still be behind experience wise. A few yeasrs down the road we will be able to compete with the best in the CAA (whoever may be left) or win it outright. Then we will be ready for Cuse, Rutgers etc. We may never be ready for the national stage.

If I am wrong, and I hope I am but doubt i, I will be the first in line to travel to Michigan-UA because they will never come to UA

Edited by Ruler

what kind of payout do we get with the NBC-CAA TV deal (if any)?

Good question. I can't imagine very much. FCS football TV deals are usually more about exposure and I believe the CAA was able to negotiate the football deal on the back of their basketball deal which was really the driver of the whole deal in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.caasports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=34624&id=1371708

"CAA Football'sThe Blitz: 2012 Season Finale

In the 2012 season-finale of The Blitz, Director of CAA Football Communications Zach Burrus joins Bobby Broyles as a co-host

to recap the season that was and preview what to expect in the months ahead"

http://www.caasports...4624&id=1371708

"CAA Football'sThe Blitz: 2012 Season Finale

In the 2012 season-finale of The Blitz, Director of CAA Football Communications Zach Burrus joins Bobby Broyles as a co-host

to recap the season that was and preview what to expect in the months ahead"

Focus in the CAA is quite different.....highlights from the year-end recap:

- 2 out of the 4 National FCS awards (player of the year and freshman of the year) plus 2nd place in the Coach of the year voting

- 7 players selected to the various Senior showcase games

- 6 teams in the Top 25 to end the year

- Numerous potential draft picks

What a world of difference it will make.