UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

bulletin board material

That's great what they are saying about Zoellner and Dyson. All I'll tell you is that Sniedzyk and Holle absolutely stink!! Green and Caldwell had to redshirt this year cause they weren't ready. Zoellner and Dyson are better than evey Siena frontcourt guy except Haddix. Well, Dyson isn't better than Haddix. We'll see about Zoellner! Only frontcourt kid they have is Haddix!!!

Also, Dyson officially visited East CArolina, Houston, and Albany! He must suck!

I wonder if Tezmar Caldwell has done any other stupid things at Siena. He got kicked out of the dorms already!!

Why do you guys even pay attention to the Saint Fans. They will tell you they are the Marquee progam of the MAAC and the type of program all Mid Majors should emulate.

And they are coming off 2 losing seasons in the last 3 years.

They surmise that lowly Albany could never recruit anyone capable of playing at Siena's level.

Their Top 300 recruits are steals for the Saints and bonafide great players our Top 300 recruit is a Stiff in their eyes.

The "S" in Siena stands for alot derogatory things........ one far down the list is "Snobs" who think their CR.. doesn't stink!!!!!

Sorry Professor have to straighten you out again. Dyson is a project, he has a major league body. And is certainly worth a chance. Albany was his best offer, not interest I’m talking offers. He isn’t that mobile and has hands of stone. I don’t care if you have JV guards any kid 6’9” 250 should dominate in high school. And don’t get me wrong I think he is a good pickup for Albany, he gives you 5 fouls and a big body to bang. If you’re expecting anything more than that you’ll be sorely disappointed.

Professor you have really been off your game lately, Still think Taquan Evans is going to Siena as you reported or how about Dexter Gray to St John’s? I could be a jerk and give you more of your medicine Prof but I won’t. Dyson is a solid pick up for Danes. I’ll be surprised if he avg more than 2 or 3 points and a couple of rebounds a game

Tony

Thanks for your thoughts and perceptions on Dyson. Dyson did play well twice against Eric Boateng a 6'10" Top 25 recruit in the class of 2005 who can have his pick of colleges to attend.

I would also be interested on your thoughts and perceptions on the character and personna of recent Siena recruits. Caldwell, Benn, Fisher and Taylor.

Edited by Patch

Wow 13 ppg and his team scored 40 per game, stop the presses! The kid was 6'9, 250, he should score more than 13 points in the first quarter. Unless his high school head coach was blind, it can't be that hard as SienaTony said to throw the ball up there for him to catch it and score.

He's a big body and will take up space, but I don't expect him to set scoring records.

Also, why is this bulletin board material? You think Coach Brown cuts this stuff out and says look guys SienaTony is bashing us again. We have to kick their ass now.

He's a big body and will take up space, but I don't expect him to set scoring records - DaneMan

I think that's why the staff recruited him, with 4 proven DI scorers(Jamar,Levi, Iati and Jordan) he won't be a primary option in the offense.

But if you've been to any Dane Hoops you'll realize we have been defending and rebounding with 6'5" and 6'6" inside people. I think Der Big Man and Dyson can be impact players without setting scoring records.

Jamar Wilson averaged 13ppg as a high school senior. He really stinks! - professor

I believe Kee Kee Clark from St. Peters avg less than 13ppg as a Sr in HS and he's one of the leading scorers in the nation.

Edited by Patch

Listen boys, I really didn’t mean to rile you guys up. Again I think Dyson is a good signing for Albany. But make no mistake about it, he is a “project” and even the Albany Staff knows it.

Keekee Clark played in one of the top leagues in the country playing along side 4 other D1 players. Wilson also came out of the NYC league playing with other future D1 players. My understanding Dyson’s league is relatively weak. Also like I have said many more players available under 6’6” so many good players get by passed by the big boys. Players the size of Dyson seldom get by passed. Let me ask you this how many big men impact players have you seen in the AE since Albany went D1? Seems to me rookie of the year or the league’s best newcomers every year are players under 6’6”. The only exception would be Vermont’s * TAYLOR COPPENRATH, who had a impact at Vermont, Taylor was not highly regarded coming out of high school. My point is good big men seldom slip down to Albany’s level. Almost every big man Albany’s signs will be an undersized player or a project. Again it doesn’t mean eventually Dyson can’t be a good player. Heck even the MAAC we seldom get impact big men

And someone please post a link on the “offers” that shows Houston offered. Simple reason you can’t. Many teams sniffed Dyson because of his size. Albany was his best offer. And again that’s not bad, the kid has size

As for the BC transfer again I’m sure he’ll get time, I’ve seen him practice, he has limited mobility, but he can clog up space, he also has a limited offensive game.

And again this is no insult, but neither player is as good as Sniezyk, and if you doubt me ask your coaching staff

Siena Tony

Thanks for your clarification.

My only complaint is your terminology - using the word "stiff" is totally different than claiming a player is a project is crude on your part.

Remember the Saints recruited Sneidzyk, Williams, Ryan, Holle, Caldwell and Green all 6'7" and bigger who were or are projects.

Albany has "Der Big Man" and Dyson, who regardless of what your sources say will help the undersized Danes immediately just by their interior presence.

Siena Tony

Thanks for your clarification.

My only complaint is your terminology - using the word "stiff" is totally different than claiming a player is a project is crude on your part.

Remember the Saints recruited Sneidzyk, Williams, Ryan, Holle, Caldwell and Green all 6'7" and bigger who were or are projects.

Albany has "Der Big Man" and Dyson, who regardless of what your sources say will help the undersized Danes immediately just by their interior presence.

Whoa, I never said either player won't help Albany, The professor has you guys all riled up, telling you that Dyson has big college offers . Dyson had allot of interest especially as a underclassman, we all know he has a major league body. Trust me when I tell you Albany was his best offer. If you guys object to the term stiff, how about this Dyson is a project with hands of stone, who is not very mobile, the BC transfer is more polished and will see considerable time for the Danes this year.

As for Siena's big men of course they were projects, if Sniezyk was a finished project coming out of high school he would have never signed with Siena. Holle was a project who finally might contribute this his senior season. Caldwell is a very gifted athlete who needed to get stronger and learn how to play. At the mid major level and below we seldom get finished players for big men, they almost all have something lacking or they would be playing major college basketball, just no where near as many good players over 6'6" and again that applies if your name is Siena or Albany, even the A10 doesn’t get that many polished big men although they do get more than the AE or MAAC. That is just the reality of mid major basketball

Every Siena big man with the exception of Haddix is a stiff! Absolute stiff! No sense arguing with Tony the EXPERT! REmember, his SAINTS have suffered through two losing seasons in the past three and are a borderline average MAAC program now!

Wait til the season starts! We all know how Siena fan's are! Not knowledgeable and very ignorant!

Hey professor why the insults and sour grapes? No need to get nasty

Now to address your statement Haddix isn't even a big man really., he is a undersized Power forward, if he was 2 inches taller he would have gone big time. That’s my point at the mid major level all we get is undersized big men or projects, many times these projects pan out. as for Siena having a bad season 2 of the last 3 years.. What does that have to do with me knowing Dyson is a project? You must be pi$$ed I'm telling the Dane faithful the truth. Even the coaching staff expects very little out of Dyson this year.

As for addressing the point about the bad years 2 of the last 3. Well Siena has not been up to its usual standards, but they have gone to the NCAA( won a game) the NIT won 2 games and have averaged over 7.000 fans a game over the last two years, how many mid majors in the country can say the same? Not many. What will happen when Siena puts 3 good years together?

Hope that helps prof!!!