UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maximizing Damien - Logo Change

Well put, JM, I would say Syracuse has been a legendary basketball program for many years, lacrosse too. Anyone here tremble at the sight of an Orange, except maybe those with acid reflux?

Lest I remind you that Syracuse build its national prominence with this mascot - 786199.jpg

Not the Orange.

Well, granted, I wouldn't want to be in that dude's way. But he does look like a cartoon character. Just one carrying an axe.

I don't mind cartoon characters - or even goofy looking ones as long as they have some kind of fight to them.

Our old Dane logo didn't. We used to get heckled as the "Scoobys"

Edited by danefan

Agreed. Here is my take on the various Dane's:

HATE!!

olddog.jpg

8755_albany_great_danes-partial-2004.gif

HATE (just a shot of the head looks ridiculous to me. Need to see all of him to appreciate it)

Albany-Great-Danes-ALT.jpg

Just "ok" (not a huge fan of the swiping foot, but I can live with it)

greatdanestomp.gif

I too like the full Great Dane. When I was at the call line picking up our tickets, a Duke fan came up and said "You guys have the greatest mascot! No one has one like it." I think he is right--we should promote it and not be embarrassed by it. We are the ONLY Great Danes. Blue Devils are everywhere.