UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

By all accounts at the home opener, these guys look to be bigger/better athletes than the guys on the field. Especially this Marcel Ngachie kid (based on video I've seen - not sure if he is a red shirt or if he is even on campus yet - I've only gotten really into the FB program this season as my number 1 UA sport is BB).

By all accounts at the home opener, these guys look to be bigger/better athletes than the guys on the field. Especially this Marcel Ngachie kid (based on video I've seen - not sure if he is a red shirt or if he is even on campus yet - I've only gotten really into the FB program this season as my number 1 UA sport is BB).

He's here...has a bit of mohawk thing going.

And he isn't redshirting.

What's he doing?

What's he doing?

Playing....#32.

I think his first game was the opener, and then he played against CCSU, so mathematically he should be banned from redshirting.

4th quarter against URI he came flying in on a sack, but I didn't see much against CCSU.

I could have sworn I saw him in a purple jump suit against URI on the sideline...maybe I'm crazy.

Yes; I agree that the redshirted athletes look bigger than the ones on the field. I've seen Ngachie's film and it's impressive. Since he's not redshirting, they should utilize him more...way more!!

Wait. This kid looked BEAST on video but he's been so quiet I didn't even know he was playing? Either College ball is WAY different than HS, or our coaches suck at putting players in position to succeed. On video, he looked like someone who would step right in and play a major role. Are they just playing him a small % of the time because he's a freshmen?

Edited by Ilko

Wait. This kid looked BEAST on video but he's been so quiet I didn't even know he was playing? Either College ball is WAY different than HS, or our coaches suck at putting players in position to succeed. On video, he looked like someone who would step right in and play a major role. Are they just playing him a small % of the time because he's a freshmen?

I think it is a bit early to expect too much, but the kid has played in two games as a true freshman and he has a tackle for a loss in each game.

One thing I noticed in the CCSU game was how many substitutions were made on the defensive side. It seemed to be high, but maybe I just never keyed on it before.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?