UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Purple and Gold Game Impressions

Extremely athletic group. I really liked Dallas. I'm really curious why everyone is suggesting we start three smalls and two bigs instead of three bigs and two smalls since we have more bigs and most of the bigs can shoot from outside.

I didn't really think about numbers of players in a position. I went with the guys I thought played the best and I thought DJ, Odunsi, Hooley, Sam and Puk were those guys but the next group was pretty close.

Extremely athletic group. I really liked Dallas. I'm really curious why everyone is suggesting we start three smalls and two bigs instead of three bigs and two smalls since we have more bigs and most of the bigs can shoot from outside. Really liked the defensive aggressiveness of the new players.

OK, try this on for size: DJ, Odunsi, Puk, Rowley and DEVLIN. With Hooley the "sixth man" because I like his versatility and energy he brings off the bench. I often hear on this blog, you win in the AmEast with guard play, but vt and brook seem to contradict that premise. So I agree with "old" {after all so am I}, and think 3 Bigs and 2 guards might be the way to go.

Edited by dslyank

Bottom Line: This team may be the most talented and big, size-wise, we have ever had at Albany. The combination of potential players on the floor is absolutely mind-blowing.

However, our success will be predicated on guys accepting reduced/limited minutes then they may be used to, and having one or two glue guys (Levine, Lillis, J. Iati types) that just bring this team together.

That happens...and sky is the limit for this group.

OK, try this on for size: DJ, Odunsi, Puk, Rowley and DEVLIN. With Hooley the "sixth man" because I like his versatility and energy he brings off the bench.

I like that lineup also. Not out of the question for both Rowley brothers at the forward spot. The only thing I don't like about it is there are so many candidates at the SF spot that I liked: Hooley, GJ, Dallas and Ede. There wouldn't be much time for those guys.

• 2 weeks later...