UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Forum

As I'm sure you noticed I've created a new forum for Spring Sports. With a baseball team in the top 75 in the country, a lacrosse team that has bordered on breaking into the top 20 this year and a softball team that is rolling over everyone it only seemed respectful to give them their own forum. 1200 people at Saturday's lacrosse game can't be wrong.

It probably doesn't affect the way anyone posts but I figured I'd keep everything in one area. I'm also going to start rotating the forum for whatever season we're in to the top of the board (i.e. it's spring so the spring sports are at the top, in the fall I'll move football up, you get the idea.)

Thanks,

DP

Dane Pound - love the chickens. You're my hero, and I know your not trying to instigate anything.

By the way, does anyone think the dropping of the women's game is a negotiating ploy by John D'Argenio to maintain the lion's share of the revenue generated by the Albany - Siena game, since I assume negotiations are still in progress. And, does anyone doubt that if Siena backs out of continuing the series, they will claim that our revenue demands were too high?

DP - there's no doubt you listen to the posters on this site - remove the picture of the stadium you did!!!

Chickens are awesome and appropriate! You might want to add one about FB too, Hell they didn't just drop the game they dropped the entire program!

Edited by Patch

To be fair, the schedules for the season aren't set yet so it's still possible there will be a $iena-UA women's game. From what we've heard from both sides it won't be at the Pepsi Arena as part of a doubleheader.

If there is a game outside the doubleheader I think it may actually be a lot more fair to the players. If you consider that most of the people going to the Pepsi are really going to see the men's game, they (the fans) often come in late in the game or not at all and don't pay much attention to the women's game. It might be better to give the women their own night at the RACC or the ARC. If this happens I guess I owe the $iena folks an apology.

In the meantime I'm going with the $iena as poultry theory.

considering the fact that games between the men will almost certainly always be played at the pepsi, the UA athletic dept. should demand that the next meeting between the women be played at the RACC ... if there is not going to be a double header, 5K in attendance would be far more exciting on the UA campus than at the pepsi ... unfortunate that we even have to discuss this as a topic ... head to head meetings and a rotation of venues (at least for the women) should be a given