UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Steve Sauers

I was wondering if anyone had heard what happened to Steve Sauers at Marist. From the $iena board it sounds like he won't be returing to Marist with the hiring of Matt Brady as head coach but there hasn't been anything official.

it would be some timing that Doc's son is looking for a job (as an assistant?) and Albany may be looking to hire an assistant.

Never ever going to happen. Think about this for a sec. Will Brown, w/ about 14 beers in him, makes the decision to hire Sauers. Brown has a few tough seasons (I mean .500 seasons) and the ummm...influential people that we don't really hear about (but are in and around the school) call for Sauers to take over.

I have no clue what's up...but something is definately in the air if Steven hasn't gotten a job yet. Maybe he is a bad interviewer...I dont know, but he was a heck of a player at UA and he obviously comes from decent bloodlines. I wouldn't be suprised to see him on Ruland's staff at IONA! Not that far from Poughkipsee!

Dane 96 - Never ever going to happen. Think about this for a sec. Will Brown, w/ about 14 beers in him, makes the decision to hire Sauers. Brown has a few tough seasons (I mean .500 seasons) and the ummm...influential people that we don't really hear about (but are in and around the school) call for Sauers to take over.

I'm with you on this one D96.

I would question Brown's intelligence if he hired Steve Sauers or I would question who pressured him into taking Sauers. There is no way Brown could be comfortable with him around.

Just imagine the second guessing fro some of our faithful(?) supporters, if or when we hit a bump in the road. It's tough enough with "Doc" in the house.

Believe me I don't think it's a good idea either. I really haven't followed Marist and Sauers may be a fine assistant and be a good head coach someday. I'm not particularly interested in making the head coaching job a monarchy. Just thought it was interesting timing. Hopefully Steve lands on his feet somewhere other than Iona.

Edited by Dane Pound

That's good because I am sure that nobody at Albany would hire him!

I'm a Marist grad and lifelong Siena fan. I was at Marist in the mid-90s and have to say that Steve Sauers has some serious integrity issues. There is a reason he's been at Marist for such a long time and never advanced. I'll just say that Sauers never met an incoming freshman female he didn't like - it was a known fact around the entire campus, and nearly got himself in a tight spot (no pun intended) on several occasions.

UAlbany can do better.

Obviously I have no way of knowing if Soup's allegations regarding Steve Sauers are true. I do remember Soup as the poster who repeatedly misreported Jamar Wilson's injury last fall. Several $iena posters said he was a credible poster and maybe they're right but I'll take those charges against Sauers with more than a few grains of salt.