UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

While browsing Pres. Ryan's Spring Report to the Faculty http://www.albany.edu/news/campus_news/200...ing_faculty.htm

I saw that 'A lacrosse alumnus has donated $250,000 to the program for our new turf field, as part of the Athletics Master Plan. Once approved through SUNY Central, the field will be named in his honor'

That should be about 1/3 of the cost of the turf so it will probably the first improvement funded.

• 3 weeks later...

Fallon Field has a very nice ring to it. .

I'm curious how this will effect the earlier announced plan for a turf football/multi-use field. I had assumed before the reason the stadium was going to be turf was so that snow could be plowed off for early season lacrosse games. Now that lacrosse is going to have their own turf field it's possible the stadium will be grass instead.

If there were a turf and a natural grass field I suppose the lacrosse team could practice on whatever type they were going to play on when they were going on the road. I hadn't really thought too much about what surface lacrosse is played on until I saw the game at the Syracuse Dome. All game long the Orange players threw bounces paces to each other that you would never try on natural grass. Hopefully the new lacrosse field is lighted so the night lacrosse games can continue.

The 'wish list' last spring planned on plastic for football, lax, and field hockey, and grass for soccer. Schedulewise, you probably need two fields (besides the football field) for the fall sports, and FH needs artificial turf more than soccer, with a small ball on the ground so much. Lacrosse and field hockey could share their field.

It all depends on how much they want to spend.