UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-16 MBB and America East Prediction Thread

I'm surprised no one has done this yet, but it's always fun to look back at the end of the season to see how we did. I'd love to hear everyone's predictions on the following items:

AE final standings for the top 5 teams

UA non-conference record

UA regular season record

AE Tournament final teams and winner

AE Representative seed in March

How far the AE team makes it in March

Bold prediction for the season

I'll post mine in a few minutes

Final standings:

SB (14-2)

UA (13-3)

NH (11-5)

VT (10-6)

Bing (10-6)

UA Non-Conference 13-2

UA Conference 13-3

Tournament Final SB vs Alb, Albany wins 67-57. No where near as exciting as last season

Albany gets a 12 seed and wins in the first round easily, wins on a Singletary 3 in the last 30 seconds of the round of 32 and gets blown out in the sweet 16

Bold prediction: Richard Peters gets third team all AE (joining Mike Rowley on that squad)

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2015/11/10/9592422/2015-16-american-east-conference-basketball-season-preview-projections-rankings-stony-brook

A little fuel for the team:

"The reign of the Great Danes could come to a cataclysmic end in 2015-16"

"Albany could struggle against length this year and more talented teams in both Stony Brook and Vermont"

Edited by godanesgo99

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2015/11/10/9592422/2015-16-american-east-conference-basketball-season-preview-projections-rankings-stony-brook

A little fuel for the team:

"The reign of the Great Danes could come to a cataclysmic end in 2015-16"

"Albany could struggle against length this year and more talented teams in both Stony Brook and Vermont"

He calls Wheeler Baker a "key loss". That discounts his prediction right there. Wheeler had a lot of potential, but I don't think the team revolved around him last year, with 13 mpg.

• Like 1

Weird article.

"They won't have much time to prepare for the conference slate, as they face powerhouse Kentucky in their season opener." So they won't have much time to prepare for conference play..which begins January 6th..because they're playing Kentucky on November 13th?

"Head coach Will Brown does still have possible all-league point guard Evan Singletary to utilize." Would seem to ignore the fact that Singletary currently is an all-league point guard..first team all-league actually. And is the only point-guard..and one of just two guards total..on the preseason all-conference team.

"Facilitating the ball for efficient looks is essential to repeat as champions in the America East." The article suggests the team will have to turn around its 312th ranked APG performance in order to repeat..apparently deciding to not look at their 286th ranking in 12-13 and their 289th ranking in 13-14.

Yes the article made me laugh, that's why I posted it here. I used to like the coverage on midmajormadness, but this one is laughable. I have no problem with them ranking UA 3rd, or even fourth if that's what they see, but the narrative appears to either be written by someone that doesn't know the league or is a delusional VT fan.