UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

As I am waiting to drive back to Foxboro just killing some time.

Key losses :Connor Fields, Justin Reh, Troy Reh, Kyle McClancy, JD, AJ Kluck, Stone Simms, Zach Wolfe, Josh Eagan - essentially the whole Senior class. What a class that was. I’m still not sure what was going on with Justin Zellen. We sure could have used his big body.

Key Returners: Tehoka, Jacob Patterson, Davis Diamond, Sean Eccles, TD, Eric Dhluy, Matt Perla, Noah Taylor, Ron John, Connor Filipowski, Jack and Alex Burgmaster, Nate Siekerski

I’m sure I missed someone and I thought we may have seen another freshmen middie or two see some runs, but that never really happened. I do think we will see several of them make a push as sophomores next year.

Key questions

1) who plays at X

2) lost all three guys who played LSM

3) goalie competition -three potential good options

4) who plays the primary 4th attack from from the box 

5)lost a lot of d middie minutes 

6) 3rd and 4th close D poles

I think the LSM position if the shot clock happens will be huge, as well as the development of studs in the middle of the field, but the biggest question is who will be the primary ball carrier. Unless he changes his body I don’t think it is Tehoka.

When Fields was first out, Davis Diamond ran offense.  With his HS record and a top recruit out of FL, was hoping for solid play.   Saw flashes but not sure enough to hand over the keys.  He has all summer and Fall ball to work on it. Tehoka is not a option.  More deadly receiving ball in front of crease.  

• Thanks 1

McComber will be a nice addition, but I think he will shine more from up top against a short stick. Patterson is too good of a finisher and slasher, and not sure he is the point guard. 

A lot of skill, but as you said not sure who that guy is. Denver didn’t have that guy either this year either.

9 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

As I am waiting to drive back to Foxboro just killing some time.

Key losses :Connor Fields, Justin Reh, Troy Reh, Kyle McClancy, JD, AJ Kluck, Stone Simms, Zach Wolfe, Josh Eagan - essentially the whole Senior class. What a class that was. I’m still not sure what was going on with Justin Zellen. We sure could have used his big body.

Key Returners: Tehoka, Jacob Patterson, Davis Diamond, Sean Eccles, TD, Eric Dhluy, Matt Perla, Noah Taylor, Ron John, Connor Filipowski, Jack and Alex Burgmaster, Nate Siekerski

I’m sure I missed someone and I thought we may have seen another freshmen middie or two see some runs, but that never really happened. I do think we will see several of them make a push as sophomores next year.

Key questions

1) who plays at X

2) lost all three guys who played LSM

3) goalie competition -three potential good options

4) who plays the primary 4th attack from from the box 

5)lost a lot of d middie minutes 

6) 3rd and 4th close D poles

I think the LSM position if the shot clock happens will be huge, as well as the development of studs in the middle of the field, but the biggest question is who will be the primary ball carrier. Unless he changes his body I don’t think it is Tehoka.

Some of those guys were not really a huge asset.  Played because they were seniors.  Younger guys were as good.  If a senior is the same as an underclassmen they ALWAYS should play.  I have questions about at least 3 of the guys you mentioned.  Not sure they added anything.  I will not name them though.

Eccles or Burgmaster - don't think either should be though.  

Maybe Chris Ryan but he is small.  I guess we'll see. Diamond did better from behind the netI thought.  

Edited by HOF2013

4 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

McComber ??  I don't recognize the name.  Must have missed something

Native American. He is our #1 signee; out of Salisbury prep in Connecticut. I believe he plays/played with Tehoka on the Native American National team {assistant coach Scoot Marr.}

McComber is small. He would remind me of Bennett Drake, who was much thicker, but when Bennett had his great senior season as the 4th attackmen coming out of the box.

He has very good stick skills and vision but would think initially is a feeder/finisher. Definitely a potential man up contributor and someone like Gaudet who can hang around the crease, but you need someone who can get the defense spinning.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

24 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Some of those guys were not really a huge asset.  Played because they were seniors.  Younger guys were as good.  If a senior is the same as an underclassmen they ALWAYS should play.  I have questions about at least 3 of the guys you mentioned.  Not sure they added anything.  I will not name them though.

Eccles or Burgmaster - don't think either should be though.  

Maybe Chris Ryan but he is small.  I guess we'll see. Diamond did better from behind the netI thought.  

I agree with you. Guys who got minutes but we’re not necessarily impact guys.

38 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Native American. He is our #1 signee; out of Salisbury prep in Connecticut. I believe he plays/played with Tehoka on the Native American National team {assistant coach Scoot Marr.}

Yes, I am aware.  Just thought he was another small guy.  Hoping we get someone bigger to attack from the top.  I have watched all of the recruits on video numerous times, except for Hay - no videos that I can find that are recent.  A couple of the middies are tall but thin.  They will add weight as they put on a couple more years and get inthe weight room.

Edited by HOF2013

26 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

McComber is small. He would remind me of Bennett Drake, who was much thicker, but when Bennett had his great senior season as the 4th attackmen coming out of the box.

He has very good stick skills and vision but would think initially is a feeder/finisher. Definitely a potential man up contributor and someone like Gaudet who can hang around the crease, but you need someone who can get the defense spinning.

Absolutely.  I have watched him on film many times.  Was hoping we had one of those bigger, stronger, fast guys coming in.  The attack guys we have coming are smaller I think.  Could have missed someone

51 minutes ago, dslyank said:

By the way Sam Swingruber has moved up to #18 on the Inside Lacrosse lists if I am not mistaken, scores 84 or 85 

Saw this yesterday but can't find it right now.

Edited by HOF2013

I don’t recall anyone who is taller other than Kyle who was mentioned earlier. The biggest guys coming in are all poles. There still could be a few surprise guys in the 2018 class who are not listed. I have only seen 9-10 names which seems on the smaller side.

I was hoping we would land Scanlon or  Buckshot.

Still early maybe.   The list is mostly guys who early committed.  I BET there are at least a few who decide to come to Albany now after the final 4 appearance.

Edited by HOF2013

9 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don’t recall anyone who is taller other than Kyle who was mentioned earlier. The biggest guys coming in are all poles. There still could be a few surprise guys in the 2018 class who are not listed. I have only seen 9-10 names which seems on the smaller side.

Who would have thought High Point??

Was hoping Lyle Thompson, Tehoka  etc would have influence.

Edited by HOF2013

9 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Hey we forgot about Ron John.  Big and quick.  6' 2" I think