UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Harvard Game Coming Up on Tuesday

49 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I get it why many seem skeptical about this years team and interest/posting is minimal except for the few die-hards on this thread. But if you are even remotely following, I would like to remind that we lost to cornell & maryland (top 5 teams) by 1 goal & were IN the maryland game pretty much throughout. We did this WITHOUT Tehoka arguably one of the BEST players in the country. Tehoka when right/focused/On {whatever that means or entails}, you can remove the word arguably from the best narrative. 

Granted this years UA Lax has some issues and big question marks that still have not been answered. So does pretty much everyone else [another non-rated team princeton beat a top 10 denver last night.] 

UA is making progress. Be positive. Like basketball maybe a year way; but I firmly believe the "Dane Train" will rumble THIS YEAR still.

And if one looks at the teams the top 25 have played it is outrageous we are not there.   We win tonight and we SHOULD be top 20

• Like 1

Today's T-U story is on Patterson getting more used to playing behind the net and getting more assists.

Also getting used to Eastern weather.  He wears tights and thermals in every cold-weather game. He said he's looking forward to facing Harvard, which has been competitive in losses to nationally ranked North Carolina and UMass. "They're very physical,'' Patterson said. "They're athletic, they're a smart team and we have to be really ready to play.

"https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-lacrosse-s-Patterson-learning-to-dish-it-13718931.php

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Today's T-U story is on Patterson getting more used to playing behind the net and getting more assists.

Also getting used to Eastern weather.  He wears tights and thermals in every cold-weather game. He said he's looking forward to facing Harvard, which has been competitive in losses to nationally ranked North Carolina and UMass. "They're very physical,'' Patterson said. "They're athletic, they're a smart team and we have to be really ready to play.

"https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-lacrosse-s-Patterson-learning-to-dish-it-13718931.php

I didn't look at the paper yet but that is a good article.

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I get it why many seem skeptical about this years team and interest/posting is minimal except for the few die-hards on this thread. But if you are even remotely following, I would like to remind that we lost to cornell & maryland (top 5 teams) by 1 goal & were IN the maryland game pretty much throughout. We did this WITHOUT Tehoka arguably one of the BEST players in the country. Tehoka when right/focused/On {whatever that means or entails}, you can remove the word arguably from the best narrative. 

Granted this years UA Lax has some issues and big question marks that still have not been answered. So does pretty much everyone else [another non-rated team princeton beat a top 10 denver last night.] 

UA is making progress. Be positive. Like basketball maybe a year way; but I firmly believe the "Dane Train" will rumble THIS YEAR still.

Agree, my point is, look at Hobart for example, and who they have played.  Yeah they beat Colgate but the rest????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and they lost to Cornell, their biggest rival , 16-19.  We know with rivals you can throw the records out the window.  They are ranked 19th.    I could go through the bottom 10 of the top 20 and show similar results.  I guess we got to get on the positive side wons vs losses.

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

There are a few reasons to be optimistic.

We’ve had good goalie play all year

Our best outside shooter hasn’t broken out yet

Patterson can feed and score

Coaches have seemed to have found the right role for Tehoka

Laffin provides another midfield threat as an attackmen

Coaches have moved away from two way middie play which put a lot of pressure on the defense 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dslyank said:

I concur completely these comments

Good job on Offense - keep the second line out coach!!!.  Hope Jones is okay he has won every clamp but the wings are NOT doing the job!

Over-all looking good so far though. Usually the first period is a little shaky.

Edited by HOF2013

AWFUL 2 minutes!!!!!!  Better get somebody OUT Front who can play d!!!  Well that ended bad.  THREE 12-15 yard shots and scores by Harvard!!!  Keep the first middie line and attack in coach ,  PLEASE!

Edited by HOF2013

Jones can win the initial clamp but I don't want him to pick up the ball cause he loses it everytime on a stickcheck.  TD may have lost 3 all of last year that way.  Nate has let a couple big bouncers in so they may keep doing that.

• Like 2

Dluhy got beat TWICE in a row on the same possession and Siekierski saved them by making two great saves!

I just don't think our Off is playing well over-all although they started out good. Again NOT getting ground balls on Def. and ridiculous unforced errors AGAIN. Tehoka tried to force one at the end.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1