UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Harvard Game Coming Up on Tuesday

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Harvard had a bad loss to Holy Cross ... By a goal ... Three other games decided by 2 or less goals.

Harvard has only played one top 10 school so far and one other top 20.  We have played 3 top 10 [at the time we played them] and another top 20.  We have played one of the tougher schedules in the country the first 5 weeks - despite what the 'pollsters' say.   We will now see if we have anywhere to go.  Harvard should be a test.  If we play as we did against Cornell and Maryland I have no doubt we'll win.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I guess there isn't much interest!!

I guess not much to say. We are who we are at this point. i think we are seeing some improvement on the edges, but at this point I just don't see a light switch being flipped.

It looks like to me it is between us and UVM to win the league, but every team is flawed enough that any team that makes the final four could win the AQ.

If Tehoka has embraced his new role as Coach Marr says that gives us some interesting match up challenges, and gives us our only really consistent offensive punch from that position. Otherwise we have very little production from the midfield. I have to believe that Eccles will find his shot, but otherwise most of our midfield scoring is in transition and not much from 6v6 sets. I do think an offense led by Patterson scoring and feeding, and an effective Tehoka playing that 4th attack from up to should be able to generate double digit goals against just about anybody.

I do think Coach Thomson is getting about as much as he can out of the offense. There seems to be a little too much offense by committee at this point, but obviously none of us are at practice to see what is going on.

I haven't seen any improvement in face off unit play to include the wings. That is still a major weakness.

Goalie play continues to be a strength. He is the MVP at this point of the season.

I said going into the season that I thought the defense would be the strength, at least early on, as the offense found its identity, and the defense has been a disappointment. Our goalie covered up another blah performance against an 0-6 Binghamton. At least we saw a change on the man down unit. We seem to have the individual pieces on defense. I do like getting Filipowski out on LSM. While he isn't the typical LSM, he plays hard all the time and fights for ground balls.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I guess not much to say. We are who we are at this point. i think we are seeing some improvement on the edges, but at this point I just don't see a light switch being flipped.

It looks like to me it is between us and UVM to win the league, but every team is flawed enough that any team that makes the final four could win the AQ.

If Tehoka has embraced his new role as Coach Marr says that gives us some interesting match up challenges, and gives us our only really consistent offensive punch from that position. Otherwise we have very little production from the midfield. I have to believe that Eccles will find his shot, but otherwise most of our midfield scoring is in transition and not much from 6v6 sets. I do think an offense led by Patterson scoring and feeding, and an effective Tehoka playing that 4th attack from up to should be able to generate double digit goals against just about anybody.

I do think Coach Thomson is getting about as much as he can out of the offense. There seems to be a little too much offense by committee at this point, but obviously none of us are at practice to see what is going on.

I haven't seen any improvement in face off unit play to include the wings. That is still a major weakness.

Goalie play continues to be a strength. He is the MVP at this point of the season.

I said going into the season that I thought the defense would be the strength, at least early on, as the offense found its identity, and the defense has been a disappointment. Our goalie covered up another blah performance against an 0-6 Binghamton. At least we saw a change on the man down unit. We seem to have the individual pieces on defense. I do like getting Filipowski out on LSM. While he isn't the typical LSM, he plays hard all the time and fights for ground balls.

Goes to show just how special the 2018 class was to UAlbany. Lots of transition and just look at what Siena is doing under Liam, Eccles, and Cox. I think Maloney will grow into an outstanding coach, but I question the wisdom of bringing someone in to coach with guys he played with. That's a lot to ask of a young coach.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Agree. Improvements in small increments. Don't think we need a light switch until Yale and the AmEast tournament. We just need to keep getting a little better every game and we should be OK. That being said, we certainly CANNOT regress at all, as the margin for error with this team being GOOD/OK/BAD is small. But trying to keep it positive, IMHO if we continue getting a little better each week, we should beat harvard tomorrow; hartford {even bad} we should breeze and then make a statement in vermont (4/6) we are still KING.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

I get it why many seem skeptical about this years team and interest/posting is minimal except for the few die-hards on this thread. But if you are even remotely following, I would like to remind that we lost to cornell & maryland (top 5 teams) by 1 goal & were IN the maryland game pretty much throughout. We did this WITHOUT Tehoka arguably one of the BEST players in the country. Tehoka when right/focused/On {whatever that means or entails}, you can remove the word arguably from the best narrative. 

Granted this years UA Lax has some issues and big question marks that still have not been answered. So does pretty much everyone else [another non-rated team princeton beat a top 10 denver last night.] 

UA is making progress. Be positive. Like basketball maybe a year way; but I firmly believe the "Dane Train" will rumble THIS YEAR still.

Edited by dslyank