UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Could be heavy rains Friday night, but not sure when. Based on some game action this year do they just concede the draw and put a long stick on TD? I’ve no confidence that they can stay with Yale. 

10 hours ago, uofalbany said:

It's going to be ugly.

We have played great against the top teams except for Syracuse.  Were down to Maryland by 2 with a few minutes to play AND we had chances to tie.  Didn't and they scored a few at the end.  Same with Cornell.  I am not giving up and it bothers me that some are constantly negative.  Yes, we may lose but we seem to play better against tough teams.  We'll see.  If it's a blow-out I will say I was wrong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimbo said:

Could be heavy rains Friday night, but not sure when. Based on some game action this year do they just concede the draw and put a long stick on TD? I’ve no confidence that they can stay with Yale. 

That was done mostly because Jones was injured.  Last game he was hurting but sucked it up and played well.  IF he does not play we might be in trouble.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

That was done mostly because Jones was injured.  Last game he was hurting but sucked it up and played well.  IF he does not play we might be in trouble.

TD is so much more athletic than Jones that even if Jones is able to get the clamp he'll have a hard time getting to open space. The problem with putting a pole out there against TD is that not only is he the best FOGO in the country, starting to look like the best ever, but if the pole can't get on him and force him back it will give Yale an unsettled situation which has been our biggest defensive weakness.

Jones and Altamari have to go after TD hard, but clean and make them 50/50 ground balls somehow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

We have played great against the top teams except for Syracuse.  Were down to Maryland by 2 with a few minutes to play AND we had chances to tie.  Didn't and they scored a few at the end.  Same with Cornell.  I am not giving up and it bothers me that some are constantly negative.  Yes, we may lose but we seem to play better against tough teams.  We'll see.  If it's a blow-out I will say I was wrong.

Don’t be so sensitive to differing opinions.  I was specifically referring to the face off.  Played well vs higher level teams, yes.  Against the AE, not so well.  Imagine barely squeaking by AE teams and even losing to Vermont.   If we play without turnovers and sloppy play, we might stay in the game.  We need to swarm TD and pound him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

Don’t be so sensitive to differing opinions.  I was specifically referring to the face off.  Played well vs higher level teams, yes.  Against the AE, not so well.  Imagine barely squeaking by AE teams and even losing to Vermont.   If we play without turnovers and sloppy play, we might stay in the game.  We need to swarm TD and pound him.

Sorry not sensitive at all.  Just don't like the constant negativity!   I am just as unhappy as many others.  I would prefer looking at things from a glass half full perspective and with optimism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

I am going to remain optimistic that we keep TD in the 65% range which would be below his season average, but to expect much better than that would be unrealistic. My bigger concern against Yale is our off ball defense, and keeping the Yale scorers from getting point blank looks at Nate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I am going to remain optimistic that we keep TD in the 65% range which would be below his season average, but to expect much better than that would be unrealistic. My bigger concern against Yale is our off ball defense, and keeping the Yale scorers from getting point blank looks at Nate.

Agree.