UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Breaking News: NCAA D1 Opening Rounds Planning for Men's & Women's Lacrosse includes Fallon Field

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

Read the article. Said they contacted 6 men's Universities which must be narrowed down to four on selection Sunday. HOPE someone @ UA had enough sense to OFFER Casey Stadium instead of Fallen [which was mentioned in the article??] 

I wonder if Inside Lacrosse stated Fallon Field when Inside Lacrosse should have stated Casey Stadium...double checked NCAA.com..... nothing there

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

Well, if you extrapolate, it's a good chance we get games.  There are 6 Fields, and no doubt based on the others considered...the article is wrong and it is Casey Stadium.

From there, Hofstra is hosting the QF games...so my guess is that they are out of the equation for the first round if they are looking to "split the fan wealth" (i.e. give more fans an opportunity to watch in differing Regions).  

Then you are left with Denver in the West, they most assuredly will get games.

In the East, you have 4 remaining venues, with 3 relatively bunched (not super close...but close from travel perspectives).  My guess is that only one of Maryland or Virginia gets a game...UNC and Albany will get the last two slots.

4 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Well, if you extrapolate, it's a good chance we get games.  There are 6 Fields, and no doubt based on the others considered...the article is wrong and it is Casey Stadium.

From there, Hofstra is hosting the QF games...so my guess is that they are out of the equation for the first round if they are looking to "split the fan wealth" (i.e. give more fans an opportunity to watch in differing Regions).  

Then you are left with Denver in the West, they most assuredly will get games.

In the East, you have 4 remaining venues, with 3 relatively bunched (not super close...but close from travel perspectives).  My guess is that only one of Maryland or Virginia gets a game...UNC and Albany will get the last two slots.

I see Hofstra as a leading candidate with an inner track due to location, numerous past experiences hosting lacrosse quarterfinals....you want fan wealth Long Island has been and continues to be a hotbed of high school and junior lacrosse programs...two weekends in row no problem....their stadium is not pretty (been there few times)....but it will due .....I agree with Denver as a site.....Albany will need to shine brightly....does Benson what this?

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I see Hofstra as a leading candidate with an inner track due to location, numerous past experiences hosting lacrosse quarterfinals....you want fan wealth Long Island has been and continues to be a hotbed of high school and junior lacrosse programs...two weekends in row no problem....their stadium is not pretty (been there few times)....but it will due .....I agree with Denver as a site.....Albany will need to shine brightly....does Benson what this?

They have the quarters already. Locked and loaded. This is about first round games only.  Hence why I think they go to Albany to spread the northeast wealth.  

10 hours ago, Dane96 said:

They have the quarters already. Locked and loaded. This is about first round games only.  Hence why I think they go to Albany to spread the northeast wealth.  

So much for what we think....more surprised that Colgate University and Andy Kerr Stadium is not in the mix....NCAA missed an opportunity to schedule games in the Creator's backyard....of the Oneidas, Onondagas, Mohawks.......Andy Kerr Stadium is much nicer than Hofstra's facility....and lots of parking....easy drive from the Albany, Ithaca and Syracuse areas

Edited by cwdickens
clarification