UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 7 vs Stony Brook University 1:00 PM MAR 26, 2022 Casey Stadium

After yesterday's lost to Binghamton, I reminded myself of our April 24, 2010 lost to Stony Brook I5-0 at home ..... hoping for better effort on this upcoming Saturday

MAR 26 (SAT) 1:00 PM
AE

Stony Brook lost to Syracuse yesterday and has a record of 5-3.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

UAlbany still leads the Division I series 18-4. The Great Danes have won nine America East titles to Binghamton’s none.

“Not really (concerned), to be honest with you,” Marr said. “In our world of social media and how people perceive different teams, Binghamton’s a good team. … They did a nice job on offense of moving and moving the ball. They took advantage of our miscues in transition and on the defensive end and they put the ball in the goal. I give Kevin a lot of credit. I thought they played really well. I thought they played really hard.”

“We’re going to get there,” Marr said. “It’s just a matter of time. Now our back’s up against the wall a little bit. We’ve got to start winning some games here. Stony Brook is almost a must-win.”

We just have to execute better,” Yunker said. “It’s that simple. We had a good week of practice, everyone’s buying in, but it just comes down to executing better. We changed some things up, so it’ll take some time, but our effort and our attitudes were definitely a lot better this week.”

For those who do not see the Times Union, a few quotes from Scott Marr and Corey Yunker. Might just be "coach speak"; but Scott sounded a little positive about the future of the team.  At the same time, did say brook might be a "must win." Do agree with him that Bingo is a much better team than most people expected and played a hell of a game. {maybe UA players & staff also took them for granted??}.

Anyhow, talking about bad loses; UA lose to Maryland, a little less embarrassing given how Maryland pretty much did the same thing to #2 and 2 time ncca champs Virginia.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dslyank said:

For those who do not see the Times Union, a few quotes from Scott Marr and Corey Yunker. Might just be "coach speak"; but Scott sounded a little positive about the future of the team.  At the same time, did say brook might be a "must win." Do agree with him that Bingo is a much better team than most people expected and played a hell of a game. {maybe UA players & staff also took them for granted??}.

Anyhow, talking about bad loses; UA lose to Maryland, a little less embarrassing given how Maryland pretty much did the same thing to #2 and 2 time ncca champs Virginia.

I think our players were still "shell shocked" by the Maryland game .... for younger student athletes, sometimes the ability to find the resolve to move past a bad game is harder.  Perhaps, this week, as a group, they can find that resolve and move forward.   I appreciate Scott Marr's maturity and avoiding the public blame game.  He has been here before .... I believe he knows the short and long term needs to move the team forward.

• Like 1

NWS forecast as of 9 AM this morning:

A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce small hail. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Getting out my rain my LL Bean rain gear......

With a great first period .... Albany successfully held back a strong comeback attempt, in the late stages of the third period and fourth period by Stony Brook to win I2 - IO ...... for 3 periods our goal tending was much improved .... offense showed some life .....hopefully this effort carries over to UMass-Lowell

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, cwdickens said:

With a great first period .... Albany successfully held back a strong comeback attempt, in the late stages of the third period and fourth period by Stony Brook to win I2 - IO ...... for 3 periods our goal tending was much improved .... offense showed some life .....hopefully this effort carries over to UMass-Lowell

Definitely more of a Dane Train sort of effort. We don't have the offensive firepower, but if they play that hard the rest of the way they can still grab a tournament spot by winning the AE tournament. Can Bingo be the team to beat?

• Like 1

The group of folks who always sits together where my seats are all said that this was an amazing turnaround.  Looked like a different team than the one that played the first 6 games.   They were NOT out-hustled, finally started to actually TAKE SHOTS, were AGGRESSIVE.   Coaches FINALLY kept the better FOGO in the game.  Hate to say it but Karnes seems to do a better job from the up position than Endres.  Just facts.   If they can continue to play with this passion the league title may not look out of reach.   Maybe being over-optimistic but...................................

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, cwdickens said:

I think our players were still "shell shocked" by the Maryland game .... for younger student athletes, sometimes the ability to find the resolve to move past a bad game is harder.  Perhaps, this week, as a group, they can find that resolve and move forward.   I appreciate Scott Marr's maturity and avoiding the public blame game.  He has been here before .... I believe he knows the short and long term needs to move the team forward.

And then Maryland demolished #2 Virginia so are we that bad or is Maryland just WAY better than everyone else????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

The group of folks who always sits together where my seats are all said that this was an amazing turnaround.  Looked like a different team than the one that played the first 6 games.   They were NOT out-hustled, finally started to actually TAKE SHOTS, were AGGRESSIVE.   Coaches FINALLY kept the better FOGO in the game.  Hate to say it but Karnes seems to do a better job from the up position than Endres.  Just facts.   If they can continue to play with this passion the league title may not look out of reach.   Maybe being over-optimistic but...................................

Well said. We have all been waiting to see that sort of fire from the team and the coaches. I talked with a few of them at the tailgate and you saw a definite positive feeling. A win will do that, but I got the sense as you said that whatever personnel adjustments that were made as well as how we are playing offense and defense have given them more confidence. 

• Like 1

I spoke with Scott Marr, briefly, about the season while offering my support at the UAlbany WLAX UConn match .... he stated his faith that our student-athletes will turn around the season and will be a factor in the America East .... further, he stated his faith in his assistants .... what I saw was coach, despite recent losses, was able to move about greeting parents, his student-athletes and others with air of confidence ..... that confidence show up on Saturday ....great job .... Scott, assistant coaches and student athletes.....

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Definitely more of a Dane Train sort of effort. We don't have the offensive firepower, but if they play that hard the rest of the way they can still grab a tournament spot by winning the AE tournament. Can Bingo be the team to beat?

Seconding what you all been saying:  UA played with poise, confidence and a lot of GRIT!  Got to keep this up the rest of the way. GO DANE TRAIN, GO!🤩

On 3/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I thought we played like a different team and that the offense took a HUGE step forward. Did not sub quite as much.  HOPEFULLY he stick with Nick Karnes.  Endres seems to have difficulty standing up - he was better when on the ground.  Karnes does a great job................ Defense played much better - They did make a couple of changes.  Left Hay out front and mostly left Piseno in the crease.  We'll see if it stays that way and if it works.