UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2004-05 America East Championships

statefan

I agree...and thanks Patch. My roommate (who played football at UMass and hoops as well...the Travieso years, who has been to numerous arenas as well) was just saying the same thing. It is a combination stress relievier/therapy session. At the same time both (as my roommate just quoted about ten seconds ago)..D2k and his buddy Daneman are nitwits!

My thoughts, which have yet to be met w/ any categorical resemblence of factual rebuttal, are done on this subject.

Edited by Dane96

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I misread about McCarthy Field, you got me there.

You may need to find new sources because they feed you wrong info. Aren't you the same person who last week said the bball floor would be a two-week job and was later proved wrong? Unless things have changed in 3 months, the plan was to copy what Stony Brook had and place press boxes on the ground level behind home plate. maybe the plans will change with the new facilities director, but the old one had the press box on the ground.

You want to get in a pissing match over the places you've been? Let's see, I have been to numerous BIG EAST Championships, several AE Championship events, many NCAA Tournaments, The Big House in Ann Arbor, Spartan Stadium, Ross-Ade Stadium, Neyland Stadium, The Meadowlands, Cameron Indoor Stadium (which by your photo showed hanging baskets, can fans really shake those), Dean Dome, Carmichael Arena, Greensboro Coliseum, the RBC Center, Assembly Hall, the Georgia Dome, Gaylord Center, The Pyramid, Phillips Arena, etc., etc. oh and how can I forget Comcast Center on more than one occasion.

Winning brings fans huh? Where was the surge in attendance for the baseball and softball teams this year? Or are the students waiting for that NCAA invite first? Why were there about 300 students at the ECAC Championship in 2002? Why does the football stadium look like a Friends and Family Crowd at every other game aside from Homecoming and the Opener? The women's basketball team really packed the house this year, huh? You do realize that the packed house at the Big Purple Growl is more due to the fact that the housing lottery numbers are announced then and not because of the hoops game, right?

So 17,000 kids have their hearts set on going to UA, yet less than 5% care about having pride in their school does that make any sense? If I knew I always wanted to go somewhere, I am pretty sure I would support everything about the place. What did the #5 Party School ranking get you? A little pub and now a dry campus. Dry campuses are a blast, they really encourage students to come out and have fun.

One last thing, you talk about a major company called OCSN and that makes me laugh. This is the same company who has been in the red since its inception. The same company that has changed its name at least three times now. The same company that is no longer listed because its stock was basically worthless. While, you made the wise decision to get out when you did, to call them a major company is somewhat of a joke. Their business model was awful and are kept afloat by SA and others who think they can make it work. Yes, I know about all the big unversity clients they have, but the business world isn't all about big clients, especially those that pay you very little or nothing at all.

First, let me start my destroying your credibility just like that of D2k. The school was a dry campus before I arrived in 1992. We were a Top Party school during the "dry times." If you ask UAlumn, Ruler, Reeder, or any of the old guard, the fans were allowed to drink on campus (or at the Across the Street Pub) and then go to games. So...being dry has nothing to do w/ it. And if you were truly in the know, you would know that during my time in 92-96, anyone on campus over the age of 21 was allowed 2 cases of beer at one time in a dorm room.

The problem w/ the fans is the overcrowding of campus, forcing students downtown. W/ not much to do around the school, students are forced to the student ghetto. Now, would you come up to see us play CCSU in the bitter cold? NO! However to be big time you have to act bigtime. New facilities, new coaches, big name teams that students know about, plus tournaments, will all get incoming frosh to realize that they are at a DI school. It doesnt happen overnight, young Jedi!

Then you go on about Cameron. Again, you, much like 2k, run from his original comments which said the facility sucked at UA, it was illegally set up and the school couldnt handle it. Then he said it was "the only place I thought a fan could touch a player" or something like that...I am paraphrasing. So you, my friend, don't read well (as the McCarthy field comments alluded to). Now...each one of those photos show fans on top of the court, easily being able to touch players. Each one of those courts are either decent schools, Big Name schools, or have hosted a tournament. Some even have the backboards illegally, as 2k put it, touching the seats. As for Cameron, he even stated that students do not sit behind the peach baskets....clearly an assinine statement based on photos and knowledge of Duke. But you choose to defend his points, so clearly you have painted yourself into his idiotic position. If I had more time I would post more pics proving the point...but I believe to save the fans on this board, the point has been made.

Next, you know nothing about OCSN...the were not in the red until we (well not my team) killed them w/ tie ins and the move from Carlsbad to Hotlanta! They were the only profitable company in the SA network. But then again...you know it all. SA was a 550 million dollar enterprise until some people got too big for their britches.

Ask Ray Sozzi how much SA is worth....the company is once again heavily invested in....but again...you know what you are talking about. I guess I wouldn't know, considering I was one of the original "75."

And what business model failed per se? Do you actually know what happened you jack ass? Do you actually know what caused the sell off? Do you know how Fans Only was acquired? Did you know the large bucks SA is bringing in? Do you know the only reason Fans Only/OCSN got sold was due to the "dollar value" to the corp, that it was the one solid entity that made a return on its investment?

Do you know the business model had nothing to do w/ University Clients until we unveiled the SA Cash Network? Or that the $$ came from student buying cards, AT and T bulk sales, or that wonderful company called Rail Connection that sells just about every Euro Rail pass? No...because you think you know...but have zero insight.

Go bark up another tree again. You continue w/ your uninformed bull$iena.

Again, how did you get those Comcast seats???? Place has been sold out for two years....and you never responded to my post. Again...if you really want to go, I will lend my family seats. Must have "high up" connections to have been there "on more than one occassion". There is no doubt you couldnt get student seats...because you need to show an id on game day for those.

Keep on talking crap! You are a stellar example of what not to let into UA; a fan who is not proactive into helping his school attain a high level of success, instead seeking to rip others and the administration for a mammoth undertaking to make a name for the University at Albany!

That would be service, and match!

Edited by Dane96

Hey Jackass, my post was about OCSN, not SA, which having checked today still wasn't listed on the Stock Exchange. In fact you can't even access their financial statements on their website. Why is that? Last I heard, which was in 2002, they did a reverse stock split, 1-to-10 and were at least 15 million in debt. So 2003 must have been a banner year to reverse that trend!

Yes, I know OCSN's plan, they went big and signed up all the big unverisities that had huge athletic departments and made money early on, but then it failed because of the way the contracts were worked. The big schools basically paid nothing and gave OCSN a cut of the merchandise sales. Unfortunately, there's only so much crap someone can buy from one school, especially if said school doesn't win a title. Do you realize how much money OCSN lost when Tennessee lost the SEC Championship in 2001? Millions because people had no reason to spend money on SEC Champ t-shirts and National Championship t-shirts and memorabilia. Now they are charging schools again, but other companies have cropped up and taken some of their business with a sound business plan. Through my source in the webpage business, OCSN is basically begging schools to sign, by charging low monthly rates. While it may win over some consumers, its still not enough to pay the bills. Plus, people are more web savvy these days and know how to create their own website. You do realize that Albany's site was created by the department and not by some company? And it seems that many of the AEast schools are doing the same.

There have been buses provided to take students to games and UA has been DI since 1999. There may be a few kids who were there in pre-DI era, but most should know by now that they attend a DI school. Yes that game was cold, but what about this season? The students still didn't flock to games, what was the excuse?

Are you telling me the Across the Street Pub was part of campus a few years ago? Because I always thought it was ok to drink off campus and then come to games. Maybe we can agree on this, Don't you feel that the dry campus hurts fan attendance as it curbs tailgating prior to football games. As I am sure your sister has told you about the atmosphere prior to Terp basketball and some football games and atmosphere creates a fan base. Seeing the campus parking lot basically dead an hour before game time doesn't lend it itelf to being a fun time. If tailgating was allowed I am sure more students would come out, because it was something to do. Do you honestly think half the students care about Fountain Day? Probably not, its just an excuse to drink during the week,

Why is my Maryland ticket source so important? Do you think I have nothing better to do then lie that I have been there? Maybe I will wave at you during the Duke game this year? Would you like that?

How am I not proactive? I am on the fan messageboard, no? how many other students are here?

Ok...I will give in to shut you up. Nah I will pass it along to the staff in New York and Carlsbad that they should close up shop.

As for companies cropping up....hmmm....why does OCSN have the market cornered? Oh...because they charge nothing. Must be why my friends are out living the highlife off their earnings and salaries. Are you actually comparing the UA page to the OCSN pages????? Do you get high regularly, or just before you post here? Do you know the company is CSTV or College Sports Online? Over 150 schools (most large DI's), 5 Associations, and 8 conferences. Oh yeah, they own U-Wire as well, college content for who knows how many college newspapers and websites. They also own the only all-college sports television channel. My sources, the real people who work there, told me about some new partners such as NIKE, The USOC, AOL and a continuing partnership w/ COCA COLA!

THEY ARE DOING TERRIBLE!

What have you done today?

BTW, the company makes virtually no money from FSU, ND and Maryland alone. LOL...thats funny!

Do us all a favor....keep your assinine comments to another board.

BTW, I saw at least 3-4k fans at the Brown game...where were you?

The school actually allowed tailgating in 96....it was a huge greek thing and was a success, it was unreal actually. Booze was in the lot, whether legal or not. Our RV was hoppin.

Why dont you get off your ass and do something instead of constantly bitching about whats wrong.

I think its safe to say you will not be getting a UM-Duke ticket. But if you want to wave, I will be hanging w/ my friends and family who are donors and former Terp athletes. Maybe I can get you to even share a drink w/ some of us at Bentley's. You know GW will be in there w/us!

You know, the more I think about it...the more I say...let's take our energy and try to help UA, how bout that Daneman.

See, you got yourself in an argument that you shouldnt have (it was your right but you had no clue as to the backdrop). D2k constantly is a UA basher....unlike yourself. He has attacked about every poster on this board. To say that I think he is jerk is not saying it enough.

The facts are, he spouted off about illegal designs and other nonsense. I simply tried to put that to rest. Now you got into it w/ me about a company I helped start (SA and FANS ONLY, now CSTV). I, not because I am omniscient, know a little bit more about the inner workings then your webdesign friend who is probably smart but he doesn't nor hasn't worked for the corp. If he did, even better, he was probably one of our many employees.

Facts are D2k spouts off that he is in the know. HE was very wrong about the backboards and very wrong about the cost of the floor. He was also flat out lying about Cameron Indoor (can't get the feel of it from TV).

I dont care if he is your friend or not, he has simply rubbed many the wrong way.

None of us know the future designs at UA and while we shouldn't puff, we should support.

IF you are at the COMCAST CENTER, I will take you out for beers after the game (unless you are rooting for DUKE...then you have to get left in PeeGEE!) If you are into hoops it should be an interesting time (one of the coaches will be hanging out after the game....very good dude and a personal friend) Deal?

Truce?!