UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 15 America East Tournament Semi-Final May 4 (Thu) 4:00 PM Burlington, VT Virtue Field

Can the Great Danes get off the bus on Thursday and finally put a complete game together?  UVM has had a number of wins & losses that were close, however, my expectations are in checked by what has not happened this season.

May 4 (Thu) 4:00 PM

at 
No. 1 Vermont
Burlington, Vt.

UALBANY MEN’S LACROSSE

Danes look to solve Vermont

By Mark Singelais

University at Albany men’s lacrosse senior Jake Piseno said the Great Danes have never played their best against Vermont during his four seasons.

Fourth-seeded UAlbany (5-9) will try to bring its ‘A’ game on Thursday in the America East semifinals against the No. 1 Catamounts (9-4), who have beaten the Great Danes in their past eight meetings.

They meet at 4 p.m. in Burlington, Vt.

“We want it really bad, honestly,” Piseno said. “It’s always been a tough matchup but I don’t think we’ve ever given them our best game. So I think we’re going to give them our best game Thursday and we’ll hopefully come out on top.”

Piseno, a long-stick midfielder, was named Wednesday as the America East Defensive Player of the Year. He ranks second in Division I by causing an average of three turnovers per game.

Piseno said UAlbany head coach Scott Marr emphasizes the importance of effort, communicating on the defensive end and taking smart shots against Vermont.

“If we do all these little things right and come out with the effort and the attitude, I think that we’ll come out on top,” Piseno said.

Vermont dominated UAlbany 14-7 on March 25 in Burlington. The Catamounts have eliminated the Great Danes in the past three America East Tournaments — the semifinals in 2019 and last year, sandwiched around the championship game in 2021.

UAlbany will be down a couple of key players. Graduate midfielder Elijah Gash and senior attack/ midfielder Graydon Hogg each had his right foot in a boot at Tuesday’s practice and will miss the tournament, Marr said.

Attack Jack Pucci, who made first-team all-conference, is expected to play after missing the Penn and Binghamton matches.

UAlbany vs. Vermont
■› When: 4 p.m. Thursday
■› Where: Virtue Field, Burlington, Vt.

▶› msingelais@- timesunion.com A 518-454-5509 A @MarkSingelais

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

I have been saying ALL YEAR - STAY in MAN Defense!!!  We are a better tean then!

Absolutely, along with great goal tending .... can you believe we held them scoreless in the 2nd half?

• Like 1

Your welcome gents.  Instead of watching the game and have them lose as they do when I watch, I played golf.  One more win and we are tourney bound.  Didn't see that as a possibility.  

• Like 1