UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - NCAA Tournament - Opening and First Rounds May 10 (Wed) and May 13 & 14 (Sat/Sun)

I would like to point out that the AmEast is NOT in the play-in-game as some have speculated. In case anyone is interested, the play-in is the lowly maac and OH MY the CAA.

{ I have been saying for years the CAA is NOT a step up in lacrosse; and with the departure of UMass even less so.}

{ps. I'd like to point out former NEC members Bryant won AmEast & St Joe won regular season A10 only to lose in their tournament.}

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, dslyank said:

{ps. I'd like to point out former NEC members Bryant won AmEast & St Joe won regular season A10 only to lose in their tournament.}

ps. speaking of the NEC; LeMoyne officially announced their expected move to D1, joining the NEC. That should expedite the NEC reforming Lacrosse. Originally expected to reform 2024-25 season, but now it may begin again 2023-24 depending on which schools come back. Certainly Merrimack will return; Bryant most likely staying in AmEast; A10's years attempt to offer lacrosse, might be a failed experiment [probably lose Hobart, St. Bonnie minimally}??

Sadly, Bryant is doing nothing to show that America East Lacrosse is on the road back.  John Hopkins has scored ten straight goals and lead at the half 12-3. No upset here...  So far, teams that UAlbany played in their OOC schedule have lost, Yale and Maryland.  Cornell will play later today.

John Hopkins 22 - Bryant 8, after re-checking Bryant schedule, the Bulldogs' season was no preparation for today's game and the score proves that.  Further, lends no help to the conference, in general, towards recruiting better players for lacrosse.

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Sadly, Bryant is doing nothing to show that America East Lacrosse is on the road back.  John Hopkins has scored ten straight goals and lead at the half 12-3. No upset here...  So far, teams that UAlbany played in their OOC schedule have lost, Yale and Maryland.  Cornell will play later today.

Cornell lost in OT to Michigan 

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

Cornell lost in OT to Michigan 

The Lacrosse World will someday, call this "The Albany Curse", if you played UAlbany and won in 2023 plus made the NCAA MLAX Tournament, your team lost in the 1st round.