UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, 2024 Spring Schedule and Things of Note

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Any news or hints on Fall Ball tournaments yet?

I have not seen anything about Fall Ball from Inside Lacrosse ...I imagine that an e-mail to Scott would get a reply.  If playing teams @UAlbany, likely Fallon Field as Casey Stadium looks booked except October 28, 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

The plan for fall ball was announced this morning on Instagram:

🔊Attention Mens Alumni 🔊

We are excited to announce the dates for our 2023 Alumni Weekend!

-Friday 10/20 - Scrimmage vs LIU at 7pm, LIU is Coached by alumni Jordan Levine and Troy Reh - we’d love to have your attendance and support

- Saturday 10/21 - MLAX Alumni tailgate for homecoming football game - tailgate begins at 12:30pm

- Sunday 10/22 - Alumni game at 10:30am

More details to come so check your emails #UAUKNOW #BeTheBest #Danes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A reminder that Fall Ball Scrimmage is tomorrow night, the NWS forecast follows: 

• Friday: Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 64. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
  • Friday Night: Rain. Low around 55. Southeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible

Went to scrimmage vs LIU. QTR SCORES UA listed first:

5-0, 4-6, 1-3, 5-1.  UA 15–LIU 10. 
might have played another qtr or 2; I left after 4th—rain started to pickup??

Cannot offer much else as no rosters available & poor lighting @ Fallon & Old EYES, pretty hard to identify #s & players. Will say this, UA offense looked very good; defense ???. Same old same old? Even though last year offense was more of an issue than defense, as I recall?

I will add, game was very chippy, which was surprising with LIU coaches being former Danes & only a scrimmage, but there were a # of near brawls.

Love to hear from anyone with more info on who did/score/etc; especially info on NEW GUYS. THANKS 

• 2 weeks later...

2024 Roster is on UAlbanySports.com. Missing TJ Sheehan sophomore transfer from Denver. Seems odd that he would transfer again after only a year @ UA? 16g -11as; 4th on team in points last year {not outstanding #s; but offense was pretty awful overall last year 41, 39,,32 then Sheehans 27.}

Anyone know if roster error, injury, transfer?? Do have a number of high potential freshman coming in. Maybe he felt the handwriting on the wall??

Looks like a season opener in Syracuse with a spring trip to UVA.....

Working out of the Greyed Danes Palm Beach satellite office for the next three months. It was supposed to be four months but gotta be back in Upstate NY for the season opener in February (there’s something I bet no one else has ever said).

Also, looks like I’ll be planning a road trip to Charlottesville in the Spring…

Make it a good one.

Wonder when that trip to Virginia is. Their website only lists opponents with dates to be announced later. It been a long time since I saw great Danes at Virginia.  Ncaa tournament game.  Stuck around the next day and watched Virginia's baseball team(vs Miami) the 3rd baseball was Ryan Zimmerman who had a long career with Washington nationals.  

From someone that I follow elsewhere, no match with Syracuse... among others in 2024

Isn't it time to drop the 2024 schedule? Let's go Scott - I need to start planning my Spring!

Hearing no Syracuse, Cornell or Maryland this year but a trip to Charlottesville is on the table...

• cwdickens changed the title to 2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, Practice and New Signings

It’s official ✍️

We are proud to welcome Connor Kelly to the Great Dane family!

There are a couple of Connor Kelly lacrosse players of note out there. Our Connor currently attends high school in NJ and may have hailed from Marblehead, MA previously and was listed as 6'3" two years ago from an article his presence on the field.