UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Top Party School

DaneFan2k3

Believe it or not your degree is less important then you think in the real world. Its all who you know and what contacts you have. Obviously you need to graduate and have decent grades, but your degree goes out the window after your first job. Don't sweat it. Its not like we graduated from Harvard or Yale....its Albany...relax and enjoy your time left. There will be a lifetime left for you to worry.

Besides all the bigtime jobs(at least here on Wall Street) will go to the kids graduating from the Ivies.

Don't panic, thats not to say you can't get one of these jobs eventually.

I agree Ruler. I doubt there are any employers who go through resumes and cross reference them with the Princeton Review. It's amazing how much attention is paid to these rankings which don't mean anything.

The only bad news is last years winner was Colorado. Not very good company.

I imagine many of you received the same letter I did today from Interim President Ryan requesting help spreading the word about the positive things at UAlbany and countering the "misleading picture presented by the Princeton Review". But, in case this did not go out to all alumni, students, friends of the University, etc., here are a couple of the highlights:

In the just published 2005 Fiske Guide to Colleges, which USA Today characterizes as the best college guide you can buy, UAlbany is listed as a "best buy". The guide calls the undergraduate student body "intelligent, hardworking, urban - generally pretty fast company". A student quoted in the guide says "we are given a lot of work and there is a lot of pressure to get all the work done"

In recent years the academic profile has risen steadily as have graduation rates and medical and law school acceptance rates. Living alumni total more than 128,000 and have careers in a wide range of fields including medicine, teaching, law, business and government.

Many alumni have contacted University administrators to note the excellant experiences they had at UAlbany, a reality far different from that portrayed in the Princeton Review. Interim President Ryan states "To suggest that this is not a serious place is ludicrous."

University research concludes that UAlbany students consume alcohol moderately and responsibly, mirroring national data. However, it is acknowledged that some students have alcohol and drug abuse problems. The University has just been awarded a $600,000 grant from the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism to improve and expand education and prevention programs.

I think the letter is a good first step to countering the concern raised by the Princeton Review rankings and I'm glad to see that the Interim Leadership is "on the case"