Photo

AE & ESPN3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 statefan

statefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

I feel bad that I will not attend tomorrow's women's game in person because I can watch the men's game on ESPN3 and then the earliest I'd get to SEFCU would be around the end of the 3rd Qtr.  I really do not understand the AE's rationale in scheduling a member institution's mens and womens games at the same time in light of ESPN3 availability.

• Eli likes this

#2 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

I'll be at a wedding myself so I'll be watching the men's game once it's available post game.

GO DANES!!!

#3 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

I feel bad that I will not attend tomorrow's women's game in person because I can watch the men's game on ESPN3 and then the earliest I'd get to SEFCU would be around the end of the 3rd Qtr.  I really do not understand the AE's rationale in scheduling a member institution's mens and womens games at the same time in light of ESPN3 availability.

I dont understand a lot of the AEs rational!

#4 statefan

statefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Question:  When the mens or womens team is playing at home and the other is on the road and on ESPN3 at the very same time, can the scoreboard show the ESPN3 feed during time outs/play stoppages/halftime?  Or, is it a copyright problem?

#5 S-money

S-money

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

They would need the express written consent of Major League Baseball.
  • Eli likes this

#6 PurpleHoops

PurpleHoops

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Question:  When the mens or womens team is playing at home and the other is on the road and on ESPN3 at the very same time, can the scoreboard show the ESPN3 feed during time outs/play stoppages/halftime?  Or, is it a copyright problem?

I’m no legal expert, but my thinking is that as long as UA is not charging admission specifically to view the ladies game, they would be able to show during halftime and other stoppages in play, with no copyright infringement.

#7 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

They sometimes play it on the TV in the HoF room where they sell beer.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users