UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Poo poo the Sport's Network Cup.

A fictional championship.

Here's the deal with my hatred for Mid-Major moniker (and to be quite frank the Gridiron Classic).

Don't get me wrong, its great to play another game this year against a fine opponent in Dayton.

However, the Sports Network Cup and Gridiron Classic DO NOT benefit teams like us that want to be in the ranks of UNH, Delaware, UMass, etc....

All this does is give the playoff committee an excuse to not pick us. Being included in this stuff screams "We're Mid-Major, don't worry about us!"

To be quite frank, I'd be a little embarrased to have to go pick up the Sport's Network Cup in Chatty. There is no doubt in my mind that the winner is looked at as the best of the worst and inferior in the eyes of the rest of the FCS world. I don't want my university to be associated with that.

To be quite frank, I'd be a little embarrased to have to go pick up the Sport's Network Cup in Chatty.

Bob87, you up for a road trip?

I suppose someone has to go over there and drag that thing back.

It shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure its "mid-major" sized just to prove a point.

To be quite frank, I'd be a little embarrased to have to go pick up the Sport's Network Cup in Chatty.

Bob87, you up for a road trip?

Just seeing this today. I thought about going to Chattanooga for the championship game on the Duke trip, but it is a little too far from Duke, so you will need someone else to pick it up and I will end up seeing High Point, NC State and Wake Forrest in addition to our game.

Now if we were in the playoffs I would be on my way somewhere for a game this weekend.

Archived