UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jersey Mike's America East WBB Tournament Semi Final: UAlbany #2 vs Vermont #3 Broadview Center Albany NY Monday, March 11, 2024, 7:00 PM

• cwdickens changed the title to Jersey Mike's America East WBB Tournament Semi Final: UAlbany #2 vs Vermont #3 Broadview Center Albany NY Monday, March 11, 2024, 7:00 PM

Jersey Mike's America East Women's Basketball Playoffs
Semifinals - Broadview Center
Monday at 7 PM

Women’s Basketball has advanced to the semifinals of the 2024 Jersey Mike’s America East Tournament. The Great Danes will host a semifinal game on Monday, March 11 in Broadview Center. Tip is scheduled for 7 PM against Vermont.

SEMIFINAL TICKET PRICES:

$23 – Floor Seats
$15 – Gold Level | Upper Chairback
$13 – Purple Level | Lower Chairback

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (Championship Central)
Semifinals - Monday, March 11, 7 PM
Championship - Friday, March 15, 5 PM

PARKING:
Broadview lot parking for the semifinal game is available for $10. Fans should add parking to ticket orders before checkout.

Please contact the Ticket Office at GreatDaneTickets@albany.edu or (518) 442-DANE (3263) with any questions.

C1291_Email%20Footer.jpg

Turned on the game to watch the second half. Blatant missed up and down call by the refs on UVM that led to a 3 pointer for the lead with 15 secs left. UA was up at the time. Crappy way to lose. Good season for the ladies though. 

Terrible ending to a great season. Just a couple of things: Vermont player got away with a walk just before the 3 pointer that killed us. Just watched it again on a replay.  Also, on that inbound play with :27.7 seconds left that led to that shot, why did we not give some fouls? One point lead, and we had committed only 1 foul in the 4th qtr. By fouling, we could run the game clock down more and force Vt. to inbound 2 or 3 more times. Anything can happen on an inbound pass at that point in the game. If you have fouls to give, give them!!

Feel terrible for our Seniors, particularly Kayla, whose last career shot I thought was going down! She makes that shot all the time. Just rolled off the rim a little too much. Haegerstrand was very good.

Thank you ladies for a great season! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tnehurley said:

Terrible ending to a great season. Just a couple of things: Vermont player got away with a walk just before the 3 pointer that killed us. Just watched it again on a replay.  Also, on that inbound play with :27.7 seconds left that led to that shot, why did we not give some fouls? One point lead, and we had committed only 1 foul in the 4th qtr. By fouling, we could run the game clock down more and force Vt. to inbound 2 or 3 more times. Anything can happen on an inbound pass at that point in the game. If you have fouls to give, give them!!

Feel terrible for our Seniors, particularly Kayla, whose last career shot I thought was going down! She makes that shot all the time. Just rolled off the rim a little too much. Haegerstrand was very good.

Thank you ladies for a great season! 

Sophia Phillips was seated behind me, she made immediate comment about the walk by the UVM player.  Overall, I thought the referees were mediocre for such an important game.

I do not think the season is over, perhaps WNIT.  However, this team helped me during the winter months.