UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX Game 6 AE Game 1 at UMass - Lowell Riverhawks, Cushing Field, Lowell MA Saturday, March 16, 2024 12:00 PM

From an Instagram posting from the man in the know about Jake Piseno, worth the read.

I feel a little bad for UMass Lowell today - they not only have to face an UAlbany team that is growing in confidence every day, but they have to do so on Jake Piseno’s birthday.

Jake is that guy…he is Him. That’s the best way I know to describe Jake. What you see on game day is a culmination of all the hours, days, months and years of commitment to excellence. There’s nothing I can say about his play that hasn’t already been written by people far more knowledgeable about the game than I.

So let me give you a glimpse of Jake off the field. Jake has been one of our go to guys when we’re sending our guys out to work with different organizations. I include him because I was once a 20 year old so I kinda remember what that was like. I know if Jake is with the group, I have nothing to worry about - he leads by example. Whether it’s a USA Lacrosse clinic, an event for the Thompson 4 The Future Foundation, or being the public face of a fundraising campaign, Jake raises the bar for everyone around him. Spend some time with his dad and you’ll quickly realize that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

In the coming weeks Jake is going to be leading our efforts to help expand the Headstrong Foundation’s Attack Cancer fundraising campaign. So for his birthday, I am pledging to donate $88 for every caused turnover Jake has today and $288 for every goal he scores. What say you Piseno?

If you are interested in donating or joining our Headstrong team, there’s a link in my bio. You’ll be hearing much more about this in the coming weeks.

@jakepiseno
@headstrongfnd
@attackcancerhf
@ualbanymlax
#danetrain

Game is suppose to be broadcast on ESPN+  BUT it is not broadcasting yet???   We have 5 goals and the first 1/4 is half over!!!!!! WHAT THE>>>>>>>>>

Edited by HOF2013

yes but it keeps saying broadcast is about to start,, First period almost over and we are up 7 - 0

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, dslyank said:

I am on hold with espn they are checking into it

They have crappy stadium and probably don't even know that it's not being boradcast or don't WANT it to b - We are up 8 - 0 first 1/4

Wonderful  missed the enitre first 1/4!!!!  We are up 10 - 0

Edited by HOF2013

10 seconds gone in the second 1/4 and we have another goal already!!!  11 - 0   BUT we can not see the game!!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

I did not experience the same frustration as I did not watch the game, other family priorities.  Further, looking at the UMass-Lowell record, I figure that we could overwhelm the RiverHawks.  Checked LiveStats, which confirmed my thoughts.