UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB - Summer 2024 - Canadian Exhibition - 8/4/24 through 8/8/24

• godanesgo99 changed the title to MBB - Summer 2024 - Canadian Exhibition - 8/4/24 through 8/8/24

I checked the basketball links at some of the Universities in Montreal and found these 3.  I think the only other University in Montreal is the University of Montreal but I don’t see that they have basketball.

Monday 8/5 - McGill

Tuesday 8/6 - Concordia

Wednesday 8/7 - U Quebec at Montreal

• Like 1

I feel like I remember that during the last Canadian trip a few years ago I was able to watch one of the games, listen to audio of one of the games, and had nothing for the other game. That was a bunch of years ago. Tech has improved, maybe we can watch more of these....

I may just be making that up and having false memories though lol

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I feel like I remember that during the last Canadian trip a few years ago I was able to watch one of the games, listen to audio of one of the games, and had nothing for the other game. That was a bunch of years ago. Tech has improved, maybe we can watch more of these....

I may just be making that up and having false memories though lol

No, your memory is not failing you, I remember that same coverage of the games.

On 7/31/2024 at 11:06 AM, reeder said:

I checked the basketball links at some of the Universities in Montreal and found these 3.  I think the only other University in Montreal is the University of Montreal but I don’t see that they have basketball.

Monday 8/5 - McGill

Tuesday 8/6 - Concordia

Wednesday 8/7 - U Quebec at Montreal

I believe we have a fourth game against Champlain College, the host of the event.  I could be wrong.  They are also hosting Air Force during this pre-season jamboree

From yesterday's Times-Union concerning the MBB upcoming games in Quebec:

Danes to play three in Quebec BY MICHAEL KELLY ALBANY —

DeMarr Langford Jr. spent time playing each position, 1 through 5, during the University at Albany men’s basketball program’s summer slate of practices.

That’s the type of versatility the Great Danes’ coaching staff added to the program this offseason. Head coach Dwayne Killings made it a priority to find athletic players capable of manning multiple spots, and produced a perimeterheavy roster made up of interchangeable parts.

Now, UAlbany gets an early attempt to figure out how to best put them together this upcoming week as part of a foreign tour that includes three exhibition games in Canada. “We definitely have a lot of pieces. A lot of versatility. A lot of people that can be moved around, like myself,” the 6-foot-4, 220-pound Langford said after Friday’s practice at Broadview Center. “We’ve got a lot of guys like that, so I’m excited to see how we mold as a group.

” College basketball teams are able to play a summer foreign tour once every four years. UAlbany’s previous summer international trip was in 2019 when it went to Montreal and Ottawa. This time, UAlbany will play one game per day in Quebec from Monday to Wednesday against, in order, McGill University, Concordia University and the University of Montreal.

The games will mostly follow regular NCAA rules, with notable exceptions being the games will be divided up into 10-minute quarters rather than two 20-minute halves, and a 24-second shot clock will be used rather than a 30-second one. “We don’t really know the teams that well, but we’re going to go there and adjust,” Killings said. “That’s good because ... then we’re focused on controlling what we can control.” “Coach wants us to play fast, execute our plays and execute in transition,” said guard Damon Strand, one of UAlbany’s nine newcomers.

For the games, UAlbany will be without two players due to injuries. Senior forward Aaron Reddish won’t play after sitting out all of the summer practices due to a back injury, while walk-on player Zach Matulu will also be unavailable. That still leaves the Great Danes with a dozen players, and eight of them have regularly worked at multiple positions this summer. Besides point guards in graduate student Byron Joshua and freshman Amir Lindsey, and sophomore Sultan Adewale and freshman Ma’Kye Taylor who have each practiced at the 5, most UAlbany players have spent time learning at least three positions.

No UAlbany player is taller than 6-foot-8, but a dozen of the team’s players are at least 6-foot-3. Killings has said the team’s overall size — and length — should combine with the team’s quickness to present a better defensive squad than a season ago when the Great Danes struggled again on that end of the floor, and guard Amar’e Marshall said he’s seen positive defensive developments. “Being around this group all summer, I feel like we’re way more physical than last year,” Marshall said. Marshall is the team’s top returning scorer at 16.7 points per game, but UAlbany has a lot of options in terms of how to surround the 6-foot-4 redshirt junior. Justin Neely, the 2021-22 America East Rookie of the Year, is healthy after missing nearly all of the past two seasons, and the 6-foot-6 forward combines with Langford and 6-foot-8 Kacper Klaczek — transfer additions this offseason — to provide the Great Danes with a trio of players capable of both mixing it up in the paint and handling the ball in transition.

At times, UAlbany will likely play without a true post and point guard on the floor, as the Great Danes look to maximize the versatility of their roster. “I know some of the things we want to see, but also some things we want to explore,” Killings said. “We’re going to try some different things and see what it looks like.

Looks like todays game against Concordia University is at 6pm, per https://stingers.ca/mbasketball/

Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere? Not sure how good they are today, but I remember Concordia being pretty strong. A look on this site shows they have a bunch of players between 6'5" and 6'7" but no one taller. I would assume that would mean this game will be a race. 

49 minutes ago, alum73 said:

I find it disappointing that nothing on any of the 3 games was reported on the Athletics website. 

Well, it is summer, likely coaches, one or two trainers, team, no sports information staff perhaps one sports administrator to make sure everyone behaved.