UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany has a fight song now!!!

GreatDanes06

UAlbany has a fight song on the UAlbany website under that new spirit section. Its kinda interesting. I dont know if many people will buy into it. Here is the link to the song:

http://www.albany.edu/main/features/2003/0...s/fightsong.mp3

it is by the Earthtones, a favorite to many UA students and fans. Maybe it will catch on, who knows.

Hey all. A friend of mine sent me the link for our brand new fight song from Earth Tones. The exact website to listen to the tune is on the message I'm responding to. There is no doubt that it's a very good musical composition and it sounds as if there are talented individuals involved with it.

However, to call it a "Fight Song" might be a little bit overdone, don't you think? I really don't believe it will put a scare into our opponents by any means and might make the team relax more than "Fight!" The University might want to change their game plans in regards to this as nobody will actually want to hear it, nor learn the words. Sorry if I sound too harsh.

We will be playing the song on the Saturday Sports Spotlight on WCDB Albany 90.9 FM from Noon - 3:00 pm and discuss the world of sports. This week, Jordan Moore of the Albany Student Press will be the special Co-Host as we wrap up the summer months.

Don't forget the last Thursday Night Sports Rush from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on WCDB as well. Join Kyle Gollegly and myself. "You never know what we'll say next!"

Mike Landsman - Executive Sports Producer at WCDB

My Webpage

If you listen to the fight songs of major universities.....you would be very suprised as to the words and sounds....most are pathetic. Trust me, I have listened to the FSU and Maryland songs for about 16 years now....pretty piss poor. At one point Maryland fans actually point at the other team and say "And you, and you, and you." Not exactly fear envoking words.

UA deserves credit for this. What they really need now is a marching band....most IAA's have 'em, UMASS being one of the best in the country at any level.

I do have a problem w/ only an "acapella" version....we need some freaking music.

Edited by Dane96

http://bceagles.collegesports.com/genrel/0.../071000aaf.html

Goes to show what a musical accompaniment will do to a $ienaty song. Let me tell you, the only thing that makes my hair stand up at BC games (there fans, outside the students, have to be the worst 48,000 fans ever) is hearing this after a huge play or in the aisles (they march a small contingent up the aisles).

These words are terrible....the band is what makes it.

I do have a problem w/ only an "acapella" version....we need some freaking music.

This song has been around a few years. The previous pep band played it a little more uptempo, and it sounded better. I hope the current pep band puts it in their repertoire, make part of the UAlbany 'brand', and publish their own recording.

Statefan might recognize Maine's, but not from the way we sang

All this(marching band, fight song) would be great inside a brand new football stadium. I will shed some light on this after the dinner next week with Fordie and Dr. McElroy.

I plan on asking some painful questions. If there is anything you want asked post it.

FLAT OUT.....WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SCHOLLY FOOTBALL.

Also curious about the Frosh Qb's...are they truly as good as they were advertised.

Uli's injury.....how bad....where does UA go if he is not servicable....BAZAN or a Frosh. What is the potential for a downfield attack if Bazan is at the helm.

Edited by Dane96