UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Possible New Recruit for 2005

Ht: 6-8 Wt: 225

Position: PF

Projected as: PF

Position Rank: NR

Class: 2005 Senior

High School: Camden Catholic

(Cherry Hill, NJ)

Forward Opts For Albany

by Dave Telep of TheInsiders.com, August 25, 2004 at 4:08pm ET

Brian Connelly Profile

Brian Connelly, a 6-foot-8 power forward out of Camden (N.J.) Camden Catholic, is headed to Albany according to sources close to the player.

Connelly made unofficial visits to Albany, Holy Cross, New Hampshire and Penn State. He was a first-team All-South Jersey Parochial prospect after averaging 15.5 points and 11 rebounds as a junior. His high school team finished 21-6 last season.

This could be the Danes first commitment for 2005 another big man to add to Zoellner Dyson and Wilson.

Edited by Patch

Great signing for the Danes. I hear this is the type of kid we had to be lucky enough to sign early because after thhis senior season we probably wouldn't have been able to get him because he would have gone to a higher level.

More on Connelly.

August 24, 2004

South Jersey Big Headed D-1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NJ Hoops

Brian Connelly

6 foot 8 Camden Catholic Sr. Brian Connelly has decided to attend the University of Albany. Connelly was a 2nd Team All South Jersey Parochial last season for the Irish. Connelly helped lead Camden Catholic to a 21 - 6 record and final NJ Hoops ranking of 25th in the state. This past summer Connelly was an All Star at the Atlantic Cape Camps Exposure Camp and Session 5 of Eastern Invitational.

The hardworking big with the quick step is rated among the top 35 seniors in the state in the June NJ Hoops Newsletter.

Did a search for this kid and it looks like he is pretty good. However, every site that I saw listed him at either 6'5" or 6'6".

At that height, I am not sure where he plays - unless he is an incredible rebounder.

For Brown, he appears to have recruited well over his term. That said, he needs to translate that into wins before he can be considered for an extension. I hope this is the year that those wins begin to pile up.

reeder

On some of the sites(NYC/NJHOOPS) there is dated material which have comments from Connelly's freshman and soph seasons and he's listed as 6'5"/6'6".

He's 6'8" avg 15ppg and 11rebs and has had a good summer and his numbers are expected to go up this winter. That's why we had ti sign him early to have any chance to get him.

Remember folks....the next signing period is way off....there is still a chance he will reneg....though I hope not. - Dane96

fingers crossed that we've attracted a quality talent and that his verbal translates into a signature ... as for WB, he'll be getting an attractive extension ... the bar may be high, but with talent, depth, and health one could wish that we are on the path to some of the winning percentages he posted while at the sccc helm

122103KenndeyCamdenCP4.jpg

Here's a photo of him (21).

I have to admit when I saw the other schools involved with him (Brown, UNH) I wasn't that excited about this commitment. The more I saw the more my initial impression was wrong. It sounds like Albany got involved with him early and he had a very good summer which is probably more telling than his high school season. This seems like the kind of PF Brown likes to bring in, guys who can shoot from outside. Pretty good size (225lb) too for just being a junior.

I agree wholeheartedly about the Brown contract extention Dane96. I have to say that as good a job as Walker as done bringing Bing up from DII to DI that Brown faced a much tougher task bringing this program to respectibility.

reeder

For Brown, he appears to have recruited well over his term. That said, he needs to translate that into wins before he can be considered for an extension. I hope this is the year that those wins begin to pile up. - reeder

I think your absolutely correct but I think this is Brown's last year of his contract and this will be the first year he has had a full roster, that puts alot of pressure on him and the team for this season.

He's counting on Jamar being healthy.

Jordan and Zoellner shedding their rust quickly.

Developing team chemistry on a team that returns 5 starters and has three starters for sure who just sat out a year that's 8 starters he can only start 5! Some people may be very unhappy with their time.

I haven't even factored in time for the four new freshman.

I would imagine 05/06 as this team's best chance to win consistently.

Edited by Patch