UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2004-05 Schedule?

I'm not going to rip into anyone for their comments about schedules or media guides. But I will point out that if you surf around the net, many schools are just releasing their schedules, and other schools haven't yet released them. UA is definitely middle of the pack in terms of releasing it's basketball schedule.

Most of the lower-tiered D-I schools take longer to release their schedule because they tend to have more variable games. i.e. a big dog is looking to move a game, who is going to get bumped? Another big dog, or someone like UA. It's hard to get it firmed up and releaseable.

As for the media guides, who knows. I thought I saw at least one that was 2004, although it was a few days ago so I dont know which it was.

Nice avatars guys. I have to say when they're viewed together it looks like you're in some kind of Will Brown cult.

There's a story in today Gazette about the schedule. Brown is quoted as saying the RACC has to be a tougher place to play this year. He mentioned trying to hold serve on the conference home games and then pull out some tough wins on the road. As the season gets closer it should be interesting to see where he thinks Albany will finish-the conference should easily be the toughest it's been since we joined.

I assume Danefan2k3 is talking about Georgetown causing the late schedule. Syracuse is fine with me as it's a closer drive although I thought the Danes could have kept it close (relatively) with the Hoyas. Five straight road games are a tough way to start. Wagner will be a tempting road trip as it's on a Saturday and Staten Island is supposed to be beautiful in late November.

Outside of the two Big East games Army, Lehigh and Dartmouth should be very winnable. Wagner was awful last year, I don't know how much better they'll be this year. I don't know how good LIU and Sacred Heart are supposed to be this year, I just remember Levi going bananas last year against LIU. I really wish Albany played UMass this year instead of last year.

I'm just speaking in general terms about all the big name schools. When they have to make schedule switches, they're most likely to bump schools like Albany, and hence you get a "late" schedule.

But if you really were to look around the net, you'd find other schools who haven't yet released their schedules, or who have done so within the last week or two weeks. So my point was, for all the griping, it's not much better at some schools and at times you just can't get it out faster than it gets out.

Hell, the RACC floor being torn up, that threw a big wrench UA's direction.

I have to admit, DaneMan had the original Will Brown avatar, and I got so jealous that I decided I had to try to incorporate myself, I mean, uh, Scott Beeten, into my version. Yeah, that's it.