UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football: Why don't we play........

BUFFALO ?

This started as a topic about UB's sports program and funding over in the General section of this forum, but it got me to thinking. Why does UAlbany schedule places like Delaware, Northeastern, Hofstar,and get pasted and banged up when there's a natural (?) rivalry out at the other end of the Thruway?

I'd bet UB football, even with full scholarship, isn't over our heads competitively.

They lost to someone like Villanova a couple of years ago so there playing 1AA days are behind them unless they drop down.

I also think they would beat us by 50 or 60. They SHOULD be able to spank NE, UMASS, Hofstra etc. Now Montana, JMU, or GA Southern would probably beat them.

UB lost to Colgate 38-15 in 2003. Their OOC schedule is set for the next three years -

2005 - Home - Rutgers, Away - Connecticut, Syracuse

2006 - Home - Temple, Away - Rutgers, West Virginia

2007 - Home - Rutgers, Away - Temple, Syracuse

so unless Temple drops football there's no opening at UB anyway.

I-A can count 1 I-AA win toward bowl eligiblity every four years. There's a proposal to allow 1 every year. But UB isn't close to six wins yet so it wouldn't help them. 2008 is the next 12-game season, when they'll need seven wins for a bowl.