UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown's Comments

On the sports newscast tonight (channel 13???), it showed Vermont's coach Brennan responding to Coach Brown's comments that Coppenrath gets all the calls based on his great acting ability. Brennan called this a cheapshot by Brown as Brennan stated Coppenrath gets banged around & never complains as also has worked hard in achieving his great college career. This should add some fireworks to UAlbany/Vermont game as also Brennan's last year of coaching as planning on retiring after season. It seems that Coach Brown has made some bold statements during his time here as receives some strong responses from targets. I hope this cockiness results in big things for UAlbany as opposed to backfiring on them. Unfortunately it seems that every time we take a step forward then we take two steps back (injuries, etc).

I thought this was based on the quotes in yesterday's paper. Someone was telling me today that Brennan was actually upset over things Brown said on Wyland's radio show. I didn't hear what was said on the show but I doubt they were as bad as Brennan is making them out to be.

Coach Brennan seems to like it when he is the one making comments that ruffle some feathers or raise a few eyebrows. He does not like it when someone makes comments that gain attention. If Coach Brown said that Coppenwrath gets far too many calls, then I applaude him. He is absolutely correct. Coppenwrath has an awkward game. Because of this, he tends to get the friendly whistle.

Coach Brown is very truthful when he speaks. I guess too many people in the Capital Region are used to hearing the crap (for lack of a better word) that comes out of Coach Lanier's mouth. I have never seen a coach say so much and have so little meaning behind it. Coach Brown is clear and too the point. His speaking skills are excellent. He must have taken a public speaking class while attending the prestigous academic institute Dowling!

Yes, you are correct.

I was really wondering who Coach Brown meant when he mentioned Vermont actors. Perhaps the state has two Oscar nominees.

It will be very interesting when Vermont visits on February 16. Maybe the Danes can hold a contest of some sort when the people from the Green Mountain State come to town in response to the reception we will have received earlier on Jan. 22.

Anyway, Brennan's act is getting old, but Feb. 16 will be the last episode for the coach. Soon we will see the last installment of the Antique Road Show.

I guess I'm just stupid; when I saw the clip of Brennan's post-Siena game comments on Channel 13 Tuesday night, I didn't get that he was referring to Coach Brown as "that kid". If I were Coach Brown, I'd wear it as a badge of honor. I think for the forseeable future, whenever I post anything referring to Coach Brown, I'll call him "that kid"

I was considering posting the following anecdote on the AE board, but thought better of it. I watched the first half of the Vermont - Binghamton game on MSG a week and a half ago with a friend who was at my house to watch the Jets game and who is a St. John's grad and a very knowledgable college hoop fan who usuall follows the Big East. Late in the first half, my friend asked me if AE games are always reffed this way; I assumed a joke about lousy AE refs was forthcoming, but instead he said "Does Coppenrath draw a foul everytime someone breathes on him hard?" I had never really thought about it before, other than the AE championship last year where I thought Coppenrath drew a lot of questionable calls. To be clear, I don't think these calls affected the outcome of the championship game last year or of the Binghamton game on TV (which I did not watch the second half of). My guess is a lot of people around the AE agree with "that kid's" statement; most, like myself just think it shouldn't have been made out loud (and to a Siena beat reporter, no less)

I think we all back Coach Brown. If anything, it will put more fannies in the seats when these two teams play twice this year. Bottom line, Vermont goes from being a solid mid-major to a middle-of-the-pack AE team next season with the loss of Brennan, Coppenrath and Sorrentine. I wouldn't be surprised if Albany steals one from Vermont this year at the RACC.