UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lady Danes beat Bing 50-49

I know its picky, but I've been told that they are not supposed to be called the lady danes.

P.S. That website is webmasters intellectual property and not of the stations. He can call them whatever he wants.

Um, according to you, people should just call them the Great Danes, so he can't call them whatever he wants. He's a member of the media so he should follow the guidelines set forth by the department. You don't go on the air and call Siena the $ienaheads do you?

The reason for the Lady Vols, etal other Lady nicknamed teams, was that some departments have split men's and women's sections. I believe Kentucky and Arkansas call their female teams Lady Cats and Lady Razorbacks.

I have to say this thread is amusing the hell out of me.

On the official UA athletics site I don't see a mention of "Lady Danes". Although on the promotion material for the BPG the university site does say the "Lady Danes tip off at 4 p.m."

On the coaches show Wyland used to do a Burger King question sent in by a viewer. If he still does it maybe we can have him ask Trina Patterson what they should be called. Hopefully in a few weeks we can call them the "America East Champions."

Continuing with things that amused me I thought this guy was pretty funny.

BigPurpleGrowl102.jpg