UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Congrats to our Seniors

Kenny McCalla came to our assistance last year when we were terribly shorthanded and helped the program!!!

"Q" last years MVP gave us solid minutes tonight (15) and has been an asset to our development!!!!!

Chris Wyatt again stepped up and gave us quality minutes when needed. 12pts, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks tonight.

Thanks guys you have helped this program turn the corner from 5 wins to 13 and 2 games remain.

Thanks to the seniors and all the players over the past few years who have paid their dues!!!!!

03/04 - 5-23 overall 3-15 AE Play

02/03 - 7-21 overall 3-13 AE Play

TOTALS 12-44 overall 6-28 AE Play

04/05 - 13-12 overall 9-7 AE PLay

I think we've arrived as a solid DI program, more overall wins than the previous 2 years and mor AE wins than the previous 2 years.

Let's hope for more to come this season!!!!!

Before it was mentioned in the Times-Union article this morning, I was going to comment on the role Kenny MacCalla played in yesterday's game. Coach Brown started him, and he stayed in the game quite long - almost five minutes, if I recall. Coach Brown must have had quite a bit of faith in him to leave him on the floor so long against a team which had beat us earlier this year. Congratulations to him!

Chris Wyatt played a great game. Although he is probably appreciated more for the less flashy strong defense he played, he has really stepped up his offense more in the last few games. We are really going to miss him next year. Congratulations also to him!

What more can you say for "Q?" He has just been very steady all along, on a team over the last four years that has struggled to become more competitive - even though we loved them all for the whole duration. Thanks for all you have brought to the team. I hope you appreciate the steadiness you have contributed and can take a lot of pride in bringing us to this level. Congratulations!

It is good to see young men who play basketball for the challenge of the game.

Kenny and "Q" were truly "walk-ons" at a time we really needed them. Chris is a fans favorite. He played through coaching changes, severe injuries and a non-starting Captain. Fortunately, they all go out as winners in UA's most succesfull year and IT ISN'T OVER!!

Heads up, this is tongue in cheek:

Can Chris Wyatt sue the University for having him play with injuries the last two seasons just because they had no one else to play. I certainly admire his toughness but this kid (man) would have been a much stronger contributor (offensively) if he was allowed to heal. Saturday's game was an indication of his athleticism that was rarely seen.

I still want to know where he was for the Vermont game. He now has sandwiched that 4-minute effort with two outstanding games.

I was really glad to see Chris do as well as he did. He had to go through so much last year, basically being on the wrong side of a center mismatch every single game, then largely disappearing for most of this year with the emergence of Zoellner. I had always wondered what he would do if he ever actually got to play against guys his own size, and I got a good glimpse of it on Saturday afternoon. I know he was still playing against UMBC's big men some of the time, but even then he made things happen with his athleticism. And when he got floor time WITH Zoellner, and thus had a more favorable physical matchup, he pretty much dominated. And while I don't know him personally, he always seemed like a real class guy. He'll definitely be missed.

Siena Board II

McFan how many practices have you been part of.

Is it time for the fans like those at Siena to second guess evry decision and demand answers from the coaching staff.

Maybe the coaching staff should turn and poll the crowd what they should do before subbing or not subbing.

I still want to know where he (Wyatt) was for the Vermont game.- McFan

Maybe you should go ask the coaching staff, yourself.

From my point of view if Zoellner played 36 minutes and helped limit Coppenrath to 18pts while scoring 9 pts and grabbing 11 rebounds - maybe it was more the coaching staff was happy with what Zoellner was doing and it is somewhat evident to me that the staff mustn't be too comfortable playing Zoellner and Wyatt together.

In the Maine game Wyatt (17 min) and Zoellner combined for 36 minutes, against UVM 40 minutes (Z 36 min) and against UMBC 39 minutes (Chris 27 min) - evidently the are getting almost all the minutes available at the 5 spot.

I felt that we were hurt by Sorrentine (basically for 5-7 min.) and our own careless TOs not the absence of Wyatt.

Wyatt has been very affective in the last 2 outings surrounding the UVM game but one of our biggest problems over the past few years has been we were grossly undersized inside.

Hey we all wonder sometimes why things happen and the only way you'll get your answers is to ask the questions to the coaching staff. I think if they felt certain players would be effective in certain situations they would use them I don't think Coach Brown is looking to throw games, especially when this is (I believe) the final year of his contract. .

Patch,

Come on. Take a look at my limited posts. I rarely "second guess" the coach and think has done a fantastic job both recruiting and coaching. I voice one opinion and suddenly I "second guess evry decision and demand answers from the coaching staff."

I do however think it is completely acceptable as a fan that never misses a home game to disagree with a move here and there. I could never X and O a game and don't pretend that I could, but I certainly can make some judgements of my own from the stands. The coach makes hundreds of decisions a game, not everyone is right. Some are not right or wrong, just decisions.

I've never refereed a game but I can still call travel.

As for still wanting to know what happened to Wyatt in the Vermont game maybe I should have said I would have liked to known. I certainly don't feel the coaching staff has to answer questions posted on a fan message board. Is it OK if I ask where Joe Dyson is?

As for the Vermont game Zoellner played effectively but I happened to see a 23-2 run in the second half where maybe a "second guess" is appropriate. Hey I also would have liked to see Courtney Johnson get a shot at TJ Sorrentine but again, that's just my opinion. Maybe resting Jamar could have helped a little with his offense.

I do however think it is completely acceptable as a fan that never misses a home game to disagree with a move here and there..............As for the Vermont game Zoellner played effectively but I happened to see a 23-2 run in the second half where maybe a "second guess" is appropriate. Hey I also would have liked to see Courtney Johnson get a shot at TJ Sorrentine but again, that's just my opinion. Maybe resting Jamar could have helped a little with his offense. - McFan

You are absolutely right and I stand corrected.

Edited by Patch

Actually one of the things I like about Brown is that he's come out and said he's made a mistake after a few games. After a game against BU he said in the paper a few days later that he made a mistake in a late game situation. I find it refreshing that a young coach is confident enough to come and say he made a mistake.

I agree with McFan and Patch that this is the place (when it's online) to discuss games, coaches decisions, etc. That's what makes it fun.