UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tournament Attendance

AO, I hope you're right about the tickets being made available. I have heard several different times from several different people not to count on tickets being made available at UA.

I already bought the all-sessions pass so for me the point is moot. Hopefully however wants the single game tickets can get them without much trouble. Why we would need to mess around with the Bing box office the week before the game when the tournament has been scheduled for a year is beyond me.

Bing boxoffice said UA section is 116 but who knows---they will probably spread us all over the gym.

Well, looks like you are right. <_< I just ordered my tix from their box office. I asked for Section 116 saying I believe that's the UAlbany section. The guy told me that Section 116 is the Vermont section and that there are no more seats in that section. He told me the UAlbany section is 118 (from asking me where I wanted to sit in the section, it seems like it's pretty empty so far.)

Long story short...we're sitting in Section 118 Row G Seats 11 and 12.

As you well know I've been irritated at the ticket situation for a while and it hasn't changed. I was not at all surprised to get my tickets to find that I'm in section 115 not the Albany section (as I requested), wherever the hell that is.

There are no amenities the $33 million Event Center can posses to offset this ticket crap.

Edited by Dane Pound

DP -

Calm down. Don't you know they reserve good seats for the message board operators???? :lol:

Don't let the odd seating ruin your experience in Binghamton. I think the Bearcats are going to do an awesome job hosting. After being positive on the idea of Albany hosting next year, I am having my doubts now. I think Binghamton or Boston U. will get the tourney if 2006. We might have a shot in 2007 or 2008. However, I don't see us hosting until we add another 2,000-2,500 chairbacks to the RACC. The Events Center and Agganis Arena are gorgeous. We need to upgrade our facility to come close to that window dressing. Plus, we all know Vermont is getting the plans ready for a new arena as well. We can't fall behind the league standard from a facility standpoint.

While I'm sure the Events Center in Vestal is gorgeous and a great facility to play basketball in (I have yet to see it, but am judging from the pics I've seen and what I've heard), I do agree with DP that they've gotta do a lot more than spend $33 million to make up for this ticket crap.

Some UA fans are told our Section is 116, I'm told that 116 is def the (sold-out) UVM section and that UA's is 118, and now Dane Pound gets Section 115 after requesting the UAlbany section.

From a Bingo student posting on the AE Board, apparently the school has reserved 750 tickets (at $2 a piece) for the student "Zoo" section. This is all while none of the AE schools can get their own block to sell. Also, the "non-Zoo" Bingo student ticket price is $8 per session compared to the regular $18. Even though I'm a student, I had to pay the $18 (and am forced to pay for the UVM game which I wasn't gonna pay to see if I didn't have to) regular ticket price..simply because I'm not from Bingo.

While I'm not too familiar with the history of the tournament, Bingo sure seems to be doing everything they possibly can to make this simply a home game for them as opposed to the location for the AE Conference Tourney (I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow end up wearing our black as opposed to gold too).

As you well know I've been irritated at the ticket situation for a while and it hasn't changed. I was not at all surprised to get my tickets to find that I'm in section 115 not the Albany section (as I requested), wherever the hell that is.

There are no amenities the $33 million Event Center can posses to offset this ticket crap.

Section 115 is center court, maybe you'll be entertained by the old Bing guy who almost spit out his teeth at our place.

Well said GDG. Hopefully by Saturday I will get over the feeling that I was ripped off in some way but if the tourney goes to Boston or Burlington or Baltimore (or Albany for that matter) next year I'll be happy.

I'm sure some of this is residual anger from the Pepsi Arena where Albany fans bought their tickets weeks in advance and were stuck upstairs while people who walked in the day of the game got better seats. That at least was a rivalry game and not supposedly a tournament for the whole conference.