UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tournament Attendance

Who is planning on going to the AE tournament?

I actually booked the trip a month ago as I use frequent flyer miles and it's so tough to get flights, just found out that my son has baseball tryouts on the 5th in the AM and I'm the coach so... Assuming Albany makes it to the Sunday games, I may use the tickets to go to those games.

I am hoping to go but have not finalized yet. I know the question has been posed previously, but do season ticket holders have any access to tickets through the University? If no one knows I'll give a call myself tomorrow but was hoping someone may have the answer.

Thanks

We're planning on going. We'll actually spend the weekend there and maybe catch a couple of other games too.

McFan,

I asked Rob Totaro about the tickets for the tournament after the UMBC game. He recomended going through the Bing ticket office and telling them you want to sit in the Albany section. Single tickets aren't going on sale until right before the tourney and I was concerned if that game is against Bing it might sell out.

Hmmm..assuming the RACC Rowdies can't get any ticket help from the Athletics Department for the game, my girlfriend and I are planning on attending just whatever game(s) UAlbany is playing in, as we can't really afford one of the "all tourney" tickets. If we just want to get tix to at least the 4/5 game between UAlbany and Bingo, how long should we wait/who should we get them from as there is a possibility of a sell out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

We booked the hotel last year as soon as we got home from Boston. Unlike the AE coaches who knew the players we would have this year and still picked us 8th, we expected the team to be right about where they are in the standings. Going down to Bingo for the whole tourney. Ordered tickets online at Bingo's site but haven't gotten them in the mail yet. Any one hear anything about a pregame party?

I ordered my tickets but haven't received them yet.

While we're on the subject does anyone else feel we're being screwed over by the way Bing is handling ticket sales?

In years past we've been able to buy single session tickets for just Albany's game and then should Albany had won, buy another session ticket for the next day. I really felt the way they set it up this year they really forced you to buy the all-session pass or risk the game being sold out if we played Bing or sitting way up high in the Events Center with a bunch of Bing fans.

The all-sessions pass wasn't a financial hardship for us but to see students post that they may not be able to go because they can't afford it pisses me off.

How hard would it have been for Bing to make a couple of hundred tickets available to each school for their session ahead of time? The Boston schools did it and they didn't put much effort into the tournament. I don't understand it and I hope they run everything else better than they handled this.

Dane Pound -

From what I have heard, UAlbany will receive an allotment of tickets early this week for Saturday's game. You might want to contact our ticket office to see how many are available. I am sure it wouldn't be more than a couple hundred and they will probably be sold and distributed by Thurs or Friday.

You can buy tickets for Sunday's games once you find out if Albany wins.

I ordered my tickets but haven't received them yet.

While we're on the subject does anyone else feel we're being screwed over by the way Bing is handling ticket sales?

In years past we've been able to buy single session tickets for just Albany's game and then should Albany had won, buy another session ticket for the next day. I really felt the way they set it up this year they really forced you to buy the all-session pass or risk the game being sold out if we played Bing or sitting way up high in the Events Center with a bunch of Bing fans.

The all-sessions pass wasn't a financial hardship for us but to see students post that they may not be able to go because they can't afford it pisses me off.

How hard would it have been for Bing to make a couple of hundred tickets available to each school for their session ahead of time? The Boston schools did it and they didn't put much effort into the tournament. I don't understand it and I hope they run everything else better than they handled this.

Dane:

Relax! Even though Binghamton has sold 1,500 all-session passes, that means that there will still be 4,000 individual seats available for every game (some of which I believe were allocated to the individual schools) once individual seats go on sale this week. I wouldn't wait until the weekend to try and buy an individual seat for the Bing-Albany game, but you shouldn't have any trouble getting a ticket if you call tomorrow. Individual tickets go on sale at 9am. 607-777-SLAM.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you Dane fans in Vestal this Saturday. Should be a great game!

Urban Barrister -

I know earlier in the season both of our fans were taking shots at each other on these message boards. However, I think Binghamton and Albany fans are starting to gain a good respect for each other.

You guys took it to us a few weeks ago at the Events Center. Hopefully, our guys will have revenge on their minds this time. You guys have the momentum and the home crowd. The questions is -- how will UAlbany counter that???

AO:

I do think Bing is on a roll and playing before a packed house at home will certainly make a difference. That said, in the second half of the season, we've seen two very different Bearcat teams -- the one that rolled off five straight victories and a convincing upset of BU earlier today, and the one that lost to Stony Brook and Hartford, two struggling programs. At the end of the day, I like Bing's chances, but I also think if the refs call a tight game and Bing's shooters don't come out hot, Bing could struggle.

To me, the key for Albany is to come out with lots of energy, match Bing's defensive intensity, and make shots. In the first match-up between the two, Albany showed that they can score points in a hurry and their come from behind victory was as real confidence-booster for their younger players. In the second match-up, however, Bing's fast start really stunned the Danes, and they never really found a rhythm. To me, the Danes need to avoid falling behind early and to stay confident. If they can turn the game into a shooting match, I think they may have the advantage.

The upside for the Danes, of course, is that they've already played the "good" Binghamton team once, in Binghamton, before a very raucous crowd, so they now know what to expect in this Saturday's game. Hopefully (for you, not for me), they'll use that experience to their advantage.

Either way, I expect it'll be a great game, a great atmosphere, and another great chapter in a pretty decent and pretty long-standing rivalry. I hope to see a bunch of you Dane fans -- though not too many ;) -- at the game.

Oh, and in case I didn't make it clear, I am jealous that you guys have such a great message board. I hope you don't mind the occasional post from an envious Bearcat fan. B)