UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown-SBU

I don't think Brown has any intention of leaving UA. He has consistently said HE HAS ALWAYS SAID HE WANTS TO MAKE THE DANES A CONFERENCE CONTENDER YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

At his age, building a solid resume is probably more important that jumping from one job to another. The Stony Brook job would not even be a lateral move.

I'm sure if he were to complete another long term contract and was successful then he would consider a position that was more lucrative but right now he's a 32 or 33 year old who is probably ahead of schedule as for his climb up the hoops ladder and should be more interested in building a solid rep than jumping around.

The timing of the TU article does seem odd. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown fanned the flames of this rumor in off the record comments, to remind the AD that he is/ may be a hot coaching commodity. With his contract up after next season, I'm sure Brown would like an extension now. If Danes don't win 18+ games next year, he will be seen as an underachieving coach. On the other hand, if UA does not extend the contract now, and the team has a great year in '05- '06 (say 20+ wins and NCAA bid) Brown's stock rises even higher and he can leverage a better deal. There are risks on both sides. Bottom line is a coach always benefit when his name is floated around for other jobs, even a lateral move (at best) like Stony Brook.

I agree. It is a sticky situation for both parties (Brown and McElroy). I see both sides of the story. However, McElroy isn't required to offer that extension till the end of next season. With the expectations the program has for next year, I feel it probably makes sense to wait and see what happens before making the commitment on both sides.

If Will likes coaching at Albany, he will have patience and wait another 12 months. The raise and extension will come .... just a matter of time.

I view this as just more of the same from Mark Singelais. Many have complained about his coverage of UAlbany before. It seems that he only gets it right a small part of the time. Nothing spectacular about this season - we didn't beat any of the top 3 in the conference - so why not create a coaching controversy to generate more interest in your stories.

1+1+1=4

PATHETIC

Asked to assess Brown's performance this season, McElroy responded, "The season's not over. I think we've been in games and we've won more games than a year ago. We've also lost some games we should have won. We've had some injuries."

I think this is a pretty poor quote by McElroy. There is no reason to even imply anything negative at this point in the season. he should have simply said that he will evaluate the contract situation after the season is over.

2. I think Patterson's extension was before the AE tournament last year.

3. It was a 4 year 85k per contract. Yes I think Brown is underpaid. He should have his contract renegotiated sooner than later. I would be surprised if they haven't already had some conversations about it.

If I am not mistaken it was a 3 year deal with a starting base salary of 85K. I believe that the paper is wrong, but check that. Which means that the contract will expire in a couple of weeks. The fact that it has not even been discussed, to my knowledge, is scary. IMHO, Albany would be foolish to let a Coack like Brown go. He has lifted this program to a new level and it is only going to get better from where I sit. They should count their blessings and give him a nice new contract so that they can keep him around for a long time. He is going to be a very hot commodity soon when people start to take notice. Obviously, that has already happened. Let's not forget that his record at Sullivan CC was 90-10 and that if he keeps the program going in the direction that it is going presently, the sky is the limit.

If I had to make a prediction, Coach Brown is not going anywhere. His wife is an Albany native. She has a very tight family. It would be hard for her to pick up and leave. Also Coach Brown's mother and father recently moved to the Captial District so that they could see their son more and watch their first grandchild grow up!