UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is President Hall the right Choice for Atthletics?

Ruler

More than half way to the maximum scholarship dollars isn't going to cut it if you want to succeed outside the America East. If you are even 2-3 scholarships away from the max, that is potentially another 2-6 athletes that could help your team. Some sports could be put to the max by cutting two sports. That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a strong candidate for University VP for Development (or whatever term they use to mean fund raising) was on campus today and the President Hall has given the search committee a list of priorities he is seeking in a candidate for the position. #2 on the priority list is meeting the stated goals for the Athletics 2010 campaign.

While hopefully not feeding into our heated discussion, I will take this chance to further my pro-UAlbany academics propaganda...lol. Although this ranking is in a very specific field, it is in a (at least at this point) growing sector that seems to be very useful and it does throw our name with, and even rank higher than, the likes of MIT, UTexas, and UMichigan. Enjoy...

CNSE Rankings

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard a rumor, which unfortunately I don't know how to check out, so please take it as just that. The story is that President Hall has hired , as a consultant, someone who spearheaded the University of Wisconsin fund raising effort behind their Camp Randall Stadium upgrade, which if memory serves (as it apparantly didn't yesterday when discussing who was the second mens assistant and who was the third) was a huge project to enlarge the 50000-60000 seat football stadium to close to 100000 seats with luxury boxes, etc. This consultant is supposed to be on campus next week to evaluate and report on our athletic fund raising structures.

If someone knows a more accurate version of the story, please post it.