UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs Vermont Baseball Big This Week

If im not mistaken, only the top 4 make it to the AE Tournament for Baseball. Going into the 3 game series this weekend, UA is 1 game behind Vermont for the last spot in the playoffs. Maybe this win streak the team is on will be big this weekend.

To borrow from the AE board, after NU beat Maine today:

1. Binghamton (12-5)

1. Northeastern (12-5)

3. Maine (11-7)

3. UVM (11-7)

5. Albany (10-8)

6. Stony Brook (9-9)

7. Hartford (3-15)

8. UMBC (3-15)

This weekend's matchups

NU @ SBU

Bing @ Maine

Albany @ UVM

Hartford @ UMBC

So 2 out of 3 vs. UVM should get us in, even in a 3-way tie, unless SBU sweeps NU. I don't want to think about a 4-way tie. 1 out of 3 and I think we're out.

Steve Wyland was named co-Player of the Week

It's interesting how the AE has three different methods for hosting tournaments. I was thinking of it when softball had to play a lower seeded Stony Brook on their home field.

Volleyball got the #1 seed and hosted the whole tournament. The higher seed in the lax tourney get the higher seeds in the opening round. Then some tourneys like softball, baseball have the tournament locations already set. I like the idea of rewarding the regular season champion with hosting the tournament. Basketball is an exception but I don't see why they can't do it with softball and baseball too.